Help is anyone getting cut line across the cardstock

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
sandmar15

Re: Help is anyone getting cut line across the cardstock

Post by sandmar15 »

Since christmas I have been working with sizzix and craft edge. Sizzix sent me the blade holder to try. My other post you will see the things that I have been told to do and still the same thing. Thanks
jasenj1
Location: Newport News, VA, USA; SCAL 2.044-Expression; SCAL 3-Cameo; Mac; Inkscape 0.48; GIMP 2.6

Post by jasenj1 »

sandmar15 wrote:I got the new blade holder and I am still getting the drag marks. I think that I am going to return the machine.
Don't be so fast to return the machine. Customer support will work with you to resolve the problem. It looks like at least one other person is having the same problem. I know it is frustrating when a brand new toy doesn't work right, but sometimes these things happen. The manufacturer can change something slightly that causes problems. Some tolerance in a manufacturing machine could be slightly off. Some part might be a little loose or misaligned. There's lots of reasons something could be slightly off in your machine. Sizzix wants to make sure the problem does not spread to others.

And other machines have their problems, too. The Cameo I'm buying has a new blade system. A lot of people are having problems with it. The manufacturer maintains that the new system is better than the old. Maybe on paper and in controlled tests. There are rumors that a redesign may be in the works. I'm not canceling my order because many other people sing the machine's praises - as they do with the eclips.

- Jasen.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Hold on for a little if you can. Will send this to them again.
Sandy in PA
sandmar15

Post by sandmar15 »

I am getting a new machine :D they just contacted me. I can't wait thankyou sizzix. I'll be sending the one I have back. Thanks for everyones support. I just hope everything goes good this time. Thanks
sstehman

Post by sstehman »

So happy for you.....let us know how the new one works.

Please also see this post by Papasue on the eCal software update for your machine.
http://forum.surecutsalot.com/viewtopi ... 84&t=26896
Sandy in PA
Ineke

Post by Ineke »

I got my Eclips just a few days ago, and I'm getting these extra cuts too. I tried the unplugging thing, and I got one good cut, but the next was wrong again,
I have the latest update from Ecal and I updated the machine to the latest version. Guess I should contact customer service.
Ineke
Netherlands
Ecal2/eclips
gj1

Post by gj1 »

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=26421&p=103082&hil ... ll#p103082

scroll and find CE's message in this thread about drivers.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
Ineke

Post by Ineke »

It is not in the drivers, they have installed correct. I did try to reinstall but get the message that the drivers are already installed. I de-activated Ecal, uninstalled,
restarted the computer, installed Ecal again, restarted the computer and tried to cut again, and again I had some extra cuts, it looks like the bladeholder won't lift up far enough when moving across the paper to another part that has to be cut. I also filled a page with designs from the cartridge and have had no extra cuts
in that page..... So is it something in the machine or in the software ?
Ineke
Netherlands
Ecal2/eclips
sstehman

Post by sstehman »

It may be the machine. Work with Sizzix. Their customer support is fantastic and they will resolve the issue for you. I know it is a little frustrating at first, because you so want it to work, but if you are having a problem they will deal with it.

They prefer email contact as it helps them keep a paper trail, helps them respond faster and helps them for future issues.

The machine is so new and I think some random issues do appear, however, I will tell you I love mine.
Sandy in PA
Ineke

Post by Ineke »

I hope to hear from them next week. I left a message on their contact page, at the sizzix.co.uk.
I live in the Netherlands and bought the machine in the UK, it was a price difference of almost 100 euro's. So i hope I don't have to pay a lot of extra shipping costs. I love this machine it cuts very intricate designs very well, is excellent on heavy cardstock and the scoring is also a great feature. A dream machine.. I did own a PC cutter and a silhouette SD wich i didn' t like at all.
Ineke
Netherlands
Ecal2/eclips