Help is anyone getting cut line across the cardstock

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
sandmar15

Help is anyone getting cut line across the cardstock

Post by sandmar15 »

I Just got the Eclips and ecal it is (register) for Christmas .
I was wondering if anyone has has the problem of the blade draging across the paper at the end. I have talked to craft edge and they seem to think it is the the setting for the card stock. I just got in touch with sizzix by phone. They say its a glitch in the software and are working on it. That I need to turn the machine off and unplug it from the electric and the computer. They said 2 other people have had the problem also but by doing this unlpuging everything waiting for ten minutes and pluging it back in that it works. I haven't notice on the forum anyone having this problem. Has anyone else had this problem? I don't understand why I am having this problem and no one else on the forum is having the problem. If it is a glitch then everyone should have the problem. I have uninstall the program and reinstalled did all the up dates. I been working on this since dec 27.
papasue

Re: Help is anyone getting cut line across the cardstock

Post by papasue »

Hi, sorry about your issue withe the eclips. Fortunately my answer is no, I've not had that problem ever. I have heard some discussion about the firmware vs of the eclips as I was asked by CE what my version is but I don't know if it pertains to your problem or not.

Sure hope you get it resolved since (when it works correctly) it is awesome to work with.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Let me send this message directly to CE for you and can you tell me what operating system you are using?
Sandy in PA
Cheryl1st

Post by Cheryl1st »

sandmar15 wrote:I Just got the Eclips and ecal it is (register) for Christmas .
I was wondering if anyone has has the problem of the blade draging across the paper at the end. I have talked to craft edge and they seem to think it is the the setting for the card stock. I just got in touch with sizzix by phone. They say its a glitch in the software and are working on it. That I need to turn the machine off and unplug it from the electric and the computer. They said 2 other people have had the problem also but by doing this unlpuging everything waiting for ten minutes and pluging it back in that it works. I haven't notice on the forum anyone having this problem. Has anyone else had this problem? I don't understand why I am having this problem and no one else on the forum is having the problem. If it is a glitch then everyone should have the problem. I have uninstall the program and reinstalled did all the up dates. I been working on this since dec 27.
I am also having this problem (among others). It is not cutting the drag line all the way through my card stock, but the line is definitely there, and shouldn't be. I have directly emailed Craft Edge with pics and details. When I hear back, I will update here with what I learn, too.
sandmar15

Post by sandmar15 »

The answer I am getting is turn the machine off unplug everything and wait ten minutes. Then plug everything in and try this. My question is why some people aren't having this problem? I know that this is a glitch and they are working on it. But is everyone having this problem?
sandmar15

Post by sandmar15 »

sstehman wrote:Let me send this message directly to CE for you and can you tell me what operating system you are using?

I have windows 7. Is this what you are asking?
Thanks
Last edited by sandmar15 on Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Yes...will pass that on also.
Sandy in PA
sandmar15

Post by sandmar15 »

I have been contacted and they seem to think it is the blade housing. Today I decided to use the controller and got anotherr drag line. So if anyone is having this problem contact sizzix. They are so far a big help and fast to get back with the answers. When I get the new blade housing I will let you know how everything works out. Thanks craft Edge for your forum. Lets keep our fingers cross that this is the problem. :D
sandmar15

Post by sandmar15 »

I got the new blade holder and I am still getting the drag marks. I think that I am going to return the machine. It just upsets me that I wanted the eclips so bad and the trouble that I have and the money I have spent. :cry: I can't believe that No one else has had this except one other person. The person I talked to said on the phone said she had a couple of people with the same problem. Oh well I have a couple of days befor I have to send it back. I just hope to get my money back. Thanks for listening.
pennsylvaniakate

Post by pennsylvaniakate »

Have you contacted Craft Edge or Sizzex with your problem? From what I have see on SVG Cuts Facebook page, both companies have been really good with helping their customers. Hope this helps!