Wish List for P2P - photo glossy and photo matte paper

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
papasue

Wish List for P2P - photo glossy and photo matte paper

Post by papasue »

When the dust finally settles on eCAL and the P2C feature I would really like to have photo matte and photo glossy paper as an option. Especially the photo matte as I generally use photo matte to print my print designs as it makes a much nicer, crisper image.

Whenever of course.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
firstcut

Re: Wish List for P2P - photo glossy and photo matte paper

Post by firstcut »

Sue,
Until you get this, a workaround is to save to PDF at the print window, then open the PDF and print that. Then you have all the print features of whatever you use to print PDFs. I sometimes use this with Inkscape for print projects when I don't feel like I have all the options I want (or can't find them).
papasue

Post by papasue »

Thanks Kay for your answer. You always make me rethink the problem from a different angle.

I know your solution works with the hinge technique which works really well. But I want to use P2C and I can't figure out how to use "hinge" to do it.

Revisiting the problem.

My Cannon printer allows me to set up "print options" and save them. I created a print option of "matte paper" as the media. Viola when I do P2C my special option lets me select the "matte paper" and I can now print on matte paper and keep my cut mat lined up with the print image.

Thanks, as always.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
firstcut

Post by firstcut »

Glad you got it working. Not sure I understand what you mean, though as I am not familiar with the eclips.
I use PDF printing with PnC on the silhouette (optical eye, not hinge method). The Silhouette doesn't know the difference if I have printed direct to printer or via PDF so everything still lines up.