machine shuts off during cutting

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
Misty

machine shuts off during cutting

Post by Misty »

My eClips machine shuts off after cutting only one item instead of cutting all that is on my mat. I have to turn the machine back on and start all over in eCal. I've rebooted as per instructions and that doesn't fix it. Also when I printncut it locks up when I click on cut. After many tries I did get it to printncut. Very Cool feature! The software seems to lock up every other time. Also when I turn on the machine it makes a loud jolting sound. Is that normal? BTW This machine cut's like Butter!!! Any suggestions? Thanks
papasue

Re: machine shuts off during cutting

Post by papasue »

I have never experienced what you have and certainly not the clanking and banging when starting up. You might have a machine problem, not a software problem. Have you checked around inside to see if perhaps something is stuck under or near the blade housing, is the blade housing in there tight?

Sorry that's the end of my ideas. You might consider contacting Sizzix support.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
Misty

Post by Misty »

I've checked inside and out on the machine and everything appears to be intact. I think I'll call Sizzix today and ask them about the noise it makes when I turned it on. Also, thanks for your tutorial on printncut. You were great!
papasue

Post by papasue »

Misty, would you be sure and let us know if Sizzix support helps you and if you get the problem solved with them. Vendor support or lack thereof if very important to which cutter we chose.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
Misty

Post by Misty »

I agree with you papasue, having good support is Very important. I called Sizzix this afternoon and was told that tech support "Laura", was out sick and will be back in the morning. I left a message on their site saying I will call her Tues morning also. I then emailed craftEdge (Great Support BTW) and they told me to contact Sizzix also. As soon as the problem gets resolved, I will post the infor on here. Thanks for your concern and have a wonderful day. Your a great lady!
Misty

Post by Misty »

I talked with Laura from Sizzix/eCal this afternoon. She asked me to take a video of the machine in action...well I can't do that so when my son comes up for Christmas, I'll have him check it out. And, if he can't figure it out, I'll have him take it with him to Sizzix in Lake Forest since he lives near there. Also, she said that the machine is supposed to make that noise on startup. I'll keep you updated.
Misty

Post by Misty »

Update....I've made soooo many test cuts that I've lost track of whose on first..hehe .My machine hasn't shut off since my last posting and nobody knows why. The machine seems to be working normal now and I'm not doing anything different. It could have been too many score lines in the lacey box svg. I could cut it out in card stock but it wouldn't cut in foil, only the outline of the box. I love my machine and everything appears to be working fine for now. A New video for the eClips machine should be up soon as laura from Sizzix mentioned in her email. You can check my blog to see the lacey boxes I was talking about at http://cardsbygeyda.blogspot.com/
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Thanks for you inspirational work...love the lacy boxes...going to try to make something like that. You have a lot of nice things on your blog! Glad your machine is working well now.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
Misty

Post by Misty »

Thanks gj1 for taking time to look at my new blog. I appreciate your comments and yes, the lacy boxes are soooo cute. And, they cut just like butter with my eClips machine. Could you send me the addy to your blog? Thanks again and have a great day.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I make this spot my blog...lol...no, I don't have one. I tried that for about 3 months and it was soooooo much work. It really took the fun out of this for me.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.