Misaligned cutting

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
papasue

Re: Misaligned cutting

Post by papasue »

Hi, did you make a shadow background for your image? It needs to have that for the process to work. It happened to me too when I first tried it and then I figured out what was going on.

See my video, it should help a bit.

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=26416

Also see Cheryl1st's post above yours on the 1st page (Snowman) of this thread where she outlines the steps to make it work with P2C
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
Cheryl1st

Re: Misaligned cutting

Post by Cheryl1st »

mitsim wrote:Cheryl, I've been trying P2C, and have failed miserably. I have contacted Craftedge for support. Just wondered how this works. When you start, do you just open your jpg onto the eCAL mat? I tried that, and did the restration marks and it printed fine. Then I put on the mat board, and set the registration marks, but when I went to cut it said it couldn't find anything to cut. So, then I made an SVG outlined copy and placed it underneath. This time it finally cut, but it cut little tiny chunks out of the object, all over the place in random fashion. And, the machine started to act crazy. So, I cancelled, at which time it just spit out the mat.
This is my second attempt, and I'm getting frustrated. This was a big sell point for me too, so I really want it to work. I hope whatever Todd (is he one of the software developers?) is doing will help the matter. I was hoping this would not be so difficult. The video from CHA made it look so easy, but there were really no detailed instructions on that.
Anyway, thanks for your help. Love your gate file! It's beautiful.
Hi!
Here's the steps, revised a little:
1. Click File, and choose "Place Image" - this should open the window to find your jpg on your computer. Once you find it, Open it so it will come into ecal on the mat. You may have to resize it, depending on the dpi of your image (ecal sizes images most accurate with a 72dpi image, so anything larger will import bigger).
2. Now go back to "File" and choose "Trace Image" - this will open the Trace window where you will have to browse for the image on your computer again. Once you have it, open it and click 'Okay'.
3. Papasue and I handle this next step a little different form one another - here's what I do. I select the traced image that is on the mat now, right click and choose "break apart". Then I click on the outline and drag it off to the side. I always select the "leftovers", right click and choose "cut" to remove them from the mat.
4. Now select the outline again, choose "Shadow" in the appearance window of ecal. I used 1.5 as the sizing for mine on the snowman. Drag this over your image to make sure it is sized the way you like.
5. Once you have your image on the mat, and the shadow created for it the way you like, select the Shadow layer
and change both the Fill and Stroke drop down boxes to "None" (these are located in the Appearance window of SCAL, beneath the Shadow drop-down menu.
You won't see these options when you have the placed image selected, but they will show up if you have the cut layer selected.)
6. Choose Print2Cut and a window pops open. Click the "Print" button to print out your image with regmarks
7. Place your printed image on your mat. Load the mat into the machine (either the button on the screen, or the button on the machine.
8. Click "Next" (lower left corner of the P2C window)
9. Use the arrow keys shown on the screen to position your laser at the top left reg mark. Click "Next" in the lower left corner when done.
10. Use the arrow keys again to position the laser on the lower right reg marks.
11. Then Click "Cut" from the Print2Cut window in the lower right corner.No need to change any layer attributes ( i.e. you don't have to hide the image layer when cutting).

These are my steps. There are other ways to do this, but this is what worked for me. Hope it helps! :0)