Saving in eCal

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
StampaLady

Saving in eCal

Post by StampaLady »

Aloha, I just received my eCal software and still practicing. I'm making a project and wanted to find out how to save it in eCal. I've already save them as SVG's but wanted to saved it too in eCal. I tried saving in eCal but the only file type showing is scut3 and when I tried to open the file I got the error message
Attachments
1 eCAL-Save as.JPG
1 eCAL-Save as.JPG (55.73 KiB) Viewed 5233 times
2 eCAL-Open.JPG
2 eCAL-Open.JPG (49.51 KiB) Viewed 5233 times
3 eCAL-Error.JPG
3 eCAL-Error.JPG (53.89 KiB) Viewed 5233 times
Fida
SCAL User as of 9.15.09
papasue

Re: Saving in eCal

Post by papasue »

That confused me too when I first saved an eCAL file...it does save as .scut3.

Nice pictures, I see the error message. Did you designate the fold lines as "score" Can you post the file and I'll try it too. I've cut several boxes with no problem.

Let me know please
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
StampaLady

Post by StampaLady »

Hi Papasue, thank you very much for responding. I've tried attaching the .scut3 cut file but I've got the following error message: "The upload was rejected because the uploaded file was identified as a possible attack vector". Do you know what does it mean?

I've attached the SVG file. There maybe some flaws in the cut files as this is my very first time. The idea of this cut file is from Splitcoaststamper, I just added the bottom.

The only thing that I don't like saving in SVG is that I can't save the cut file in one big cut file - that is if I have mulitple pages in one project. I have to save them separately. Is there a way to save SVG with multiple pages as one?

Another question: I tried saving my workspace so that everytime I open eCAL it would be the workspace I wanted but its not happening. Everytime I opened eCAL, I have to do the workspace setting 'cuz eventhough I tried clicking on my saved workspace, it does nothing. Hope you can help me too with this one.

Thank you so much, papasue.
Attachments
Square Tissue Box Lid.svg
(7.56 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
Square Tisssue Box.svg
(2.01 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
Fida
SCAL User as of 9.15.09
papasue

Post by papasue »

Aloha Fida,

Here's what I did with your two files.

Opened eCAL
imported the first file (it is big and I just resized it to fit on the screen)
Selected page/add page that gave me a new clean page
Imported the second file there and resized. You'll have to know your sizes to keep them proportional. Another way is to make your mat 12x24 and import both files and you can resize them together. Then cut/paste on of them into a new page.

I saved the file, yes as a scut3. It reopened fine, no error message, so I don't know what that was about.

I too have been looking for a way to save preferences. I think the issue is that there are so many options when you get to the Cut menu it would be hard to set preferences as each cut is different. Sometimes with the blade only, or the blade/pen if you have a draw component, etc. Different papers or materials etc. Perhaps as the software grows up some of these things will get worked out. I've been around since SCAL1 and look where we are now.

You can add a post called WishList in the eCAL board index and ask for it, maybe someday.

One last thing that error message that wouldn't let you upload most probably came from the fact that the forum was being inundated with SPAM messages and you being new here probably got caught it that. I should be fine now.

I hope this helps if not get back to me and we (maybe with CE Help) we'll get it solved.

Are you in Hawaii?
Mahalo
Susan E

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
aeadkins24

Post by aeadkins24 »

I am having the same problem. I had quite a few pages that I had saved and when I try to reopen them it just has a generic error message saying "Unable to open the project file". Its driving me insane!! I just want to play with the new software!! It is saved in .scut3 format.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Amy
StampaLady

Post by StampaLady »

Thank you, papasue. And yes, I'm from Hawaii (Honolulu). Thank you very much for all your help. Would you be able to upload the cut file that you fixed or can you email it to me, please? My email address has been sent to you by a moderator.
Fida
SCAL User as of 9.15.09
papasue

Post by papasue »

aeadkins24 wrote:I am having the same problem. I had quite a few pages that I had saved and when I try to reopen them it just has a generic error message saying "Unable to open the project file". Its driving me insane!! I just want to play with the new software!! It is saved in .scut3 format.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Amy
Amy, I have forwarded your issue to support@craftedge.com. You should be hearing from them soon.
Susan E

eClips2.
craftedge
Site Admin

Post by craftedge »

There was a problem with the program not saving files properly. If you download the latest version from www.craftedge.com/download it should fix that problem and should be able to open the files that could not be opened as well
StampaLady

Re: Saving in eCal: RESOLVED

Post by StampaLady »

Hi, yes I emailed Craftedge support and was told to download from the website and did that. Now I can save/open .scut3 from eCAL. Thank you very much for the response. :lol:
Fida
SCAL User as of 9.15.09
Misty

Post by Misty »

I dl the new version of ecal and still can't open my saved files. Please advise. Thanks