ecal trace feature

SCAL for the Sizzix eclips
Cheryl1st

ecal trace feature

Post by Cheryl1st »

Hi!
I tried tracing a basic black & white image today in ecal. The trace window opens, and once I have the settings the way I liked (which were default, in this case) I click "okay". (I did have an image in the preview box of the window). The trace window closes, but the traced image does not show up on the mat anywhere. Is there a step I am missing in ecal that has changed from SCAL2?
Thanks!
Cheryl
papasue

Re: ecal trace feature

Post by papasue »

Cherly, can you post the image without impinging on the owners rights? Since eCAL is so new it is hard to answer from experience 8-)

TKS, the more info we get from new users, the better we can help in the future.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
pennsylvaniakate

Post by pennsylvaniakate »

I am having that same problem in SCAL 3.
pollywolly

Post by pollywolly »

I'm also having this problem in ecal with some black & white images. Also when bringing any image into trace (any image, not just black & white) I'm finding that it's very blur and when you click on preview it looks as if it's going to cut double lines.
Also when I'm in the Trace option seems to really slow down my laptop most of the time and has totally frozen it quite a few times too. It's also booted me off and closed down a number of times, Doesn't happen with any other functions so far just trace image.
As a comparison, these are images that I have opened successfully in mtc and the preview option there shows an normal cutout image so there's nothing wrong with the images themselves.
papasue

Post by papasue »

Polly, I'm not having that problem except when the image I'm tracing is too large, which would account for the blurry, I think.

Ensure that your image is 72-90dpi.

If you will post the .jpg or .png file here (non copyright of course) I'll take a look and see what I can figure out.
Susan E

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
papasue

Post by papasue »

Cheryl1st wrote:Hi!
I tried tracing a basic black & white image today in ecal. The trace window opens, and once I have the settings the way I liked (which were default, in this case) I click "okay". (I did have an image in the preview box of the window). The trace window closes, but the traced image does not show up on the mat anywhere. Is there a step I am missing in ecal that has changed from SCAL2?
Thanks!
Cheryl
Cheryl, can you post the non copyright image here and I'll take a look. I'm not having the problem.

TKS
Susan E

eClips2.
pollywolly

Post by pollywolly »

papasue wrote:Polly, I'm not having that problem except when the image I'm tracing is too large, which would account for the blurry, I think.

Ensure that your image is 72-90dpi.
Wow!! That's tiny, I'd be disappointed if it's not capable of coping with anything bigger than that.
Yes all the images I've been trying to trace are bigger than that. I've not come across clear images that small :(

Thanks papasue.
papasue

Post by papasue »

Polly, the smaller dpi does not really affect the size of the image just the pixels. Sorry if that distressed you. How big is the file you want to import?
Susan E

eClips2.
Cheryl1st

Post by Cheryl1st »

papasue wrote:
Cheryl1st wrote:Hi!
Thanks!
Cheryl
Cheryl, can you post the non copyright image here and I'll take a look. I'm not having the problem.

TKS
Hi, Sue!
I figured out what I was doing wrong: there is an extra step that was not part of SCAL2. Instead of clicking "Okay" to add the traced image to the mat, you have to click the "Save" button on the bottom left of the window. It will save the trace as an svg. Then you have to import the svg that you just saved....I guess that's two extra steps. :D
Personalkards

Post by Personalkards »

Hi. I'm having problem with tracing on my eclips. I have been successfully using the trace feature for quite sometime but recently my laptop was compromised with Malware so I needed to reinstall my softwares.

After reinstalling, I tested the tracing feature but it still is not working. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/484699978636895054/
Attachments
tracing.jpg
tracing.jpg (59.9 KiB) Viewed 7965 times