Print and Cut Layers

ellbee

Print and Cut Layers

Post by ellbee »

I use SCAL Pro with my Black Cat Cougar Cutter.

I've been using print and cut for quite a time now and it is great. But each time I go to cut a graphic I've been going to the layer panel and hiding the image or print layer and leaving the cut layer open so that the cutter doesn't cut all the detail within the graphic, not just the cut line around the outside. I do this manually.

I know you can change layer colours so that you can only cut a layer of a particular colour but when I try to change only the cut layer to another colour it changes all the layers.

Question - when I trace the image it creates a .png file with two layers - print and cut. But each layer has the same colour swatch. Is there any way I can automatically select only the cut layers, so that I don't have to manually hide the print layers individually.

Looking forward to some help. Thanks.
SandyMcC

Re: Print and Cut Layers

Post by SandyMcC »

You do not have to hide the layers you only want to print (nor hide the layers you only want to cut). On the Style Panel, there is a setting called Cut Line Type. Verify that the print only layers are set to: Print + Cut Print. Then verify that the cut only layers are set to Print +Cut Cut. If you've only used the Trace Image window, then they will be automatically assigned. It's only if you manually create new layers that the setting will need to be changed according to your plans for that layer. This is one of the reasons I love using SCAL for print and cut applications... so much simpler than in other programs.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
ellbee

Post by ellbee »

You have saved me soooo much time. Thank you.

I've been trawling through SCAL tutorials trying to find the answer and I've got it in one reply. I should've come to the forum sooner!

Thanks again for your quick response.
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

You're welcome!
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
ebonylorange

Post by ebonylorange »

Thank you guy .