Cricut Explorer Air 2

charonb

Cricut Explorer Air 2

Post by charonb »

New to Cricut Explorer Air 2
Can I use SCAL software with the newest version of Cricut...I've been reading different things and I'm confused. Some say you can't. I haven't used my machine, yet...I don't know if I should purchase a plan from Cricut's Design Studio????

I want to get started :?
mhr12761

Re: Cricut Explorer Air 2

Post by mhr12761 »

Unfortunately you absolutely cannot use a Cricut with scal. The makers of Cricut sued several software makers to stop them from being able to work with their machines. People found a work around and so some companies were even sued twice to prevent this from happening again. So, you cannot use the newer Cricut machines with any other software than their own. Ther are other machines that do so to use scal you must use one of those. But, last I heard there was no cost to Cricut software but you did have to be online at all times to use it, I have heard that has changed, I've just had no personal experience with the software. I do know a lot of people say the new Cricut machines are waaaaaaaay better and the software has come a long way! Hope this helps!
Rorysnonna

Post by Rorysnonna »

You can design your file in Sure Cuts A Lot and export the file as an .svg. Then import that file into Cricut Design Space to cut. This is how I use my explore. I also use Make the Cut and Serif CraftArtist Pro to design. You can use any of a number of design software packages that allow for .svg export. I only use Design Space to cut. A bit of a work around but it works fine.
charonb

Post by charonb »

Thank you both!
Kellynus

Cricut Explorer Air 2

Post by Kellynus »

I have an older cricut that I use with a Gypsy. I am looking at the explore One or Explore Air.

Can anyone give me any advice? If you have one or have used one what do you like /dislike?

Thank you

I make money like that:
I registered on this site, now every day I buy BTC and ETH when the price drops, then I sell when the price rises.
I spent only $ 10 at the very beginning, now I always have more than $ 1000 on my account, I withdraw money 1-2 times a week. I withdraw $ 500 at a time
It’s easy to trade here and now you don’t need to work :)