Print and cut not lining up

Brianac2002

Print and cut not lining up

Post by Brianac2002 »

Hi All, I am having a problem lining the cut up with the image. (see picture) I have set the registration mark on the sheet and lined the dot with the laser dot and pressed origin. The sheet is the same size in cut and print as they are over lade on the same sheet. The material sheet is set at the same size custom setting A4 210 X 297 (UK A4). If you look at the attached picture you will see that the cut is drawn with pen and is way out of line. PLEASE, please help asap as this is my first print and cut job and it is for a charity.
Attachments
This is the print with the cut line on. It also shows the registration marks. But is well out of line.
This is the print with the cut line on. It also shows the registration marks. But is well out of line.
poppy cut for cutsalot forum.png (113.76 KiB) Viewed 4608 times
Last edited by Brianac2002 on Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
papasue

Re: Print and cut not lining up

Post by papasue »

Hi, I think if you just select the "cut outline" you can move it into position over the picture. Nudge works great for this.

If you can downsize your picture and repost it would make it easier to see the comments.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
Brianac2002

Post by Brianac2002 »

Hi Papasue,

Reference your comment,
Hi, I think if you just select the "cut outline" you can move it into position over the picture. Nudge works great for this.

When I do the print and cut they are lined up on my pc. The outline you can see is from the pen on the cutter. I have lined up with the registration marks but it is still out. Please help as I have a big job to do for a charity.

Many thanks

Brian
papasue

Post by papasue »

Brian, contact craftedge support directly. There is a form on craftedge.com. Good luck, I hope they get it fixed for you.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
Brianac2002

Post by Brianac2002 »

Thank you Susan, I will give it a try. Just no Phone contact number for them.
DesignShop

Post by DesignShop »

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago and after hours and hours of research with no help, I stumbled across the solution and it was fairly simple. For some reason, every time I opened SCAL there are values in the laser output boxes. To see if this is your problem,

-from the "Print + Cut" box, click on "Calibrate Laser..."
-click on "Edit Values..."
-Make sure both "x" and "y" boxes are set to "0"

Not sure if you have the same issue, but if so, it's an easy fix. It still drives me nuts, because no matter how many times I've updated them to "0," when I close and reopen SCAL there will be random values again. I check every time when I cut now. Hope this helps!