Please help I'm new and I just want to cut a stencil on cons

SierraFalso

Please help I'm new and I just want to cut a stencil on cons

Post by SierraFalso »

Please help I'm new and I just want to cut a stencil on construction paper.... see picture... not sure what blade to use, also having trouble figuring out how to use the click tube with the blade an installation... lastly what is the best velocity and pressure settings for construction paper... :-( please any advice would be appreciated... :-))) Sierra in Santa Barbara
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-04-04 at 1.23.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-04-04 at 1.23.59 PM.png (343 KiB) Viewed 5413 times
talanhart

Re: Please help I'm new and I just want to cut a stencil on

Post by talanhart »

Most people don't use construction paper. Have you tried regular craft paper that people use for Scrapbooking etc.?
Todd
SierraFalso

Post by SierraFalso »

Thank you Todd... That makes sense.... I'll try a thicker paper :-))) Thanks for your help...

Gigi also responded to my email I sent her... She said:

"As for construction paper, we never recommend cutting construction paper. It is one of the hardest papers to cut, especially in detail. It is made for scissors – not an electronic machine. You would get much better results using a higher quality textweight paper (will keep costs down rather than card stock) and there are some great quality and weighted text papers out there – also good lighter weight cardstocks.
mhr12761

Post by mhr12761 »

I would HIGHLY recommend not using construction paper for ANYTHING, too fibery. I know not a word but it is a real thing! It makes your blade catch on the fibers tearing your paper. I would suggest cardstock of ANY kind! You will have so much better results! You can even buy it at Target and office supply stores. Maybe even Wal-mart! I would try that and see if you aren't more successful!
papasue

Post by papasue »

I like to use freezer paper to make my stencils for cloth. It cuts well with my eclips with a little help from blue painter tape. I can press it down on my cloth with my iron to decrease leaks.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.