SCAL won't print in print and cut

spearcarrier

SCAL won't print in print and cut

Post by spearcarrier »

This is beyond frustrating. It's bad enough my Pazzles Vue won't print and cut properly no matter what. And SCAL crashes at the drop of a hat constantly, especially when working with the stinking vue. Okay, fine. I've been putting up with this matter for months.

Today however a new problem has started. I use the print and cut feature to primarily make the printed pictures for the insides of resin charms. I'll put in my image, set the cut line, and then use the auto fill feature to automatically fill my page with shapes. I've been printing on 8.5 x 11 paper and will get anywhere from 5 to 6 rows of shapes because I normally work around the one inch to inch and a half size. Then I'd use my possible-cougar to cut them out - or my silhouette which died recently.

The vue decided to print and cut for the first time since I got it months ago, so I ran Invue to calibrate only to have my vue issues return with a fever. Fine. Now that I know Invue is my main problem I never run THAT again....

Except now I also cannot do the print and cut method anymore. After working for hours by carefully choosing which shape group will be cut, copied, pasted, etc I've discovered I can build up to 3 lines on a page that would give me 5. After that I'm lucky to get a single cut line with no image, no shape, etc.

This is ridiculous. I've a convention in just a couple of weeks and have to build my stock.

I just installed the most recent version of SCAL this morning trying to stop this issue. Nothing is working.
papasue

Re: SCAL won't print in print and cut

Post by papasue »

Two things you can do: one is to fill out a support request at craftedge.com to see if they can figure it out, the other is to check the pazzle boards to see if others are having problems with scal.

I know this is not the answer but it might lead you to one.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
spearcarrier

Re: SCAL won't print in print and cut

Post by spearcarrier »

Hey, it's an answer. To be honest I wasn't expecting one at all.

I did search to see if other people had had the same problem, but couldn't find anything. Or maybe I'm just terrible at search terms. I wanted to explore this option before I bothered the good sCAL people.

We uninstalled invue and it worked good for... 1 page. The minute I flip the main image so I can mirror the charms front and back. blammo. There goes functionality. This wasn't an issue just 2 days ago. Grrr.