digital papers

clbecker

digital papers

Post by clbecker »

When I fill an image with some of my digital papers, the resolution seems really off! I have tried both in Ecal2 and SCAL4. I haven't tried to print yet until I asked first. Cause it's really fuzzy looking on the screen, don't want to waste paper and ink. So, asking first if there might be something I'm doing wrong or what. This one particular paper totally changes color when I try to use it in Sil Studio, but no problem with the resolution. But in these programs the colors are fine, but the resolution looks bad. Anyone have any ideas?! Thanks!
Attachments
quick (12).png
quick (12).png (1.8 MiB) Viewed 5979 times
papasue

Re: digital papers

Post by papasue »

Have you tries resizing the image? Or zoom out to see if it clears up. If you resize to 4x6 you could do a test print and not use too much ink or paper. I would like to hear if either suggestion works
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
clbecker

Post by clbecker »

I just printed this 6x6 image and it did indeed come out blurry. The file is 300 dpi and I like printing smaller sizes so the pattern is scaled for card making. I
am thinking I'll try to print as a 4x6 photo. If you know of any other way of importing this for a better resolution, please share, lol. I'll try the 4x6 first. I love the colors and patterns in this collection. When I print this is Sil Studio, the color changes terribly! But the print is nice and crisp. I have no clue why it would change color so bad, but it's horrible!
Attachments
quick (11).png
quick (11).png (1.82 MiB) Viewed 5970 times
clbecker

Post by clbecker »

I have resized, but it's only like 6 x 6 to begin with I think. I printed it and it's fuzzy. That doesn't happen in Sil Studio. But the color is totally off in there but a clear print. Just the opposite in Ecal.
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

I don't know why it is doing this. I went into ECAL and placed the image of a 12x12 scrapbook paper and it looked perfectly clear on the mat. I printed it and it printed just as when I print from Photoshop. Are you opening it on your mat or placing it on your mat? I have no idea if how it's opened makes a difference. Did you purchase the actual digital paper? If so, it would be 12x12 at 300 dpi, and should print beautifully.
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

CarteBella_WinterFun2.JPG
CarteBella_WinterFun2.JPG (112.07 KiB) Viewed 5947 times
So, I happened to have this paper (Carta Bella, Winter Fun), and I opened it in the program, print it, and then filled a shape with it to test it would. It views and prints perfectly clear. Here is the photo of the filled one. I'm thinking the digi file you are using is not the original high resolution file. If it is, then you will probably need to contact Craftedge. Best wishes.
jonesusthree

Post by jonesusthree »

Hi there, hope you and yours had a wonderful thanksgiving!!! Listen I'm just about blue in the face trying to figure out the EXACT issue you were having!!! Please tell me if you were able to resolve this??? I came form the SIL DS and love that platform, my 300 dpi digi paper looks amazingly crisp and color is awesome but when I try to fill a shape with digi paper in SCAL it looks soo blurry, it doesn't matter if I try to place the image or pattern fill it!!! I have been at it for hours trying to figure out!!! Til i came across your post!!!feel soon frustrated!!!! any help would be soon appreciated!!! :oops: :cry:
jonesusthree

Post by jonesusthree »

bump