Craft Edge

Sure Cuts A Lot Forum
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Cutting Issues
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:24 pm 

I have been using my plotter for about 8 months now and this issue arises from time to time but it is not too often. I currently run sports leagues so my main use is cutting out jersey names and numbers so I may actually bring up a few questions in this thread, however here is my main issue:

When cutting from time to time my plotter (US Cutter MH 871-MK2) will stop mid cut and the status bar of the cut on SCAL will freeze. I have to manually cycle the cutter and SCAL itself and start over. Sometimes this fixes the issue, other times it stops in the same spot. My current pallet is 18.5"w x 55"L and I can have that completely full of cuts and it rarely fails like this. Now I am just doing about 14 10" numbers and it has this issue. Sometimes I luck out and there are only a couple of numbers that need to be re done, other times it cuts numbers randomly throughout the sheet and it's pretty much just a waste of the vinyl that I am using. I do not know if this may or may not be causing the issue but I feel that I should add that I layout one team of numbers, save it in their team file, then just select all and delete the numbers and start again since all of the font / size/ etc settings are already there and I can simply just start typing and save the new layout in a new team folder. Side not I just tried to start a new team of numbers while typing this post and it stopped in middle of a run again.

Another issue I have is that when adding "Shadow" to a font (to make it thicker) I can definitely notice a slower cut from the plotter even when raising the cutter speed. Can this be because of added nodes associated with the shadow? I am not 100% and am just kind of throwing things out there. Is there possibly another way to get a thicker font that would keep the cutting speed a bit quicker?

Post subject: Re: Cutting Issues
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:07 am 

Your best bet for an answer is to contact craftedge directly. There is a support form on craftedge.com to fill out with all the info you have on the problem.

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.

Post subject: Re: Cutting Issues
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:37 pm 

papasue wrote:
Your best bet for an answer is to contact craftedge directly. There is a support form on craftedge.com to fill out with all the info you have on the problem.

I might do that. Thank you.