Print2Cut...cutting is off by 1/8"

magshall

Print2Cut...cutting is off by 1/8"

Post by magshall »

I have been having a heck of a time getting my cut lines to cut properly when using the Print2Cut feature with my eClips. I have run all updates and re-calibrated my laser. In the eCal program, when I set my cut lines perfectly centered around my image, print and set the registration marks, my eClips will cut 1/8" lower and a smidge to the right of where it should. I finally got it to work by setting my cut lines 1/8" higher and a smidge to the left on eCal, but this is very frustrating and I wasted alot of ink and paper.
Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix? I have had my machine since Christmas, I love it, but have always had this issue with the print2cut.
Thanks in advance for any help!
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: Print2Cut...cutting is off by 1/8"

Post by HeatherM »

I had this problem with the first couple of eCAL 1.5 versions, but 1.503 fixed this for me. I just noticed that the version is now up to 1.505, but I haven't installed it yet to try it out.
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Re: Print2Cut...cutting is off by 1/8"

Post by mitsim »

I'm at v1.5, and started having problems with this version. Before that it was spot on. With this version, I have had to nudge the print lines to the left and up two nudges. Now that I have read that the newest update has corrected this, I will attempt that and see if it helps. Thanks for the info.