Contour cutting problems *SOLVED*

SCH Design

Contour cutting problems *SOLVED*

Post by SCH Design »

I have just started into some dye sublimation and have been trying to contour cut some images printed on Enduratex Darkjet. I went ahead and cut one by hand to get it out to a customer, but I would like to figure this out to conserve some time and actually use the cutter for its intended use.

I followed atomicimprints tutorial on how to import registration marks from adobe illustrator, which worked really great. If you need it, the tutorial can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=40198&p=129535&hil ... ii#p129535

I have a USCutter Laser point II and SCAL Pro 3.066. I followed the directions in the tutorial. The laser is calibrated correctly. After locating the registration marks, it begins to cut the contour accurately, then it reaches the right side of the image, between registration mark 2 and 3, and stops cutting the contour, and begins spastically cutting from about the middle of the image, to the base of the image. (vertically through registration marks 2 and 3)

I removed the blade and let it run dry and the cutter did not stop after 10 minutes and needs to be reset.

I uninstalled SCAL Pro, and and reinstalled with the newest version. The first attempt was on the previous SCAL Pro, and each subsequent attempt was performed on ver 3.066.

*EDIT*

After going back and looking at some basic tutorials I was placing the blade on registration mark 3 instead of to the lower right of it. :)