Help needed Print & Cut KNK MAXX

swnest

Help needed Print & Cut KNK MAXX

Post by swnest »

I have an old KNK MAXX that has been given a new lease on life since I purchased SCAL 4 Pro. This morning I decided to give cut and print a try with absolutely NO success.

After over an hour of carefully calibrating the laser-blade distance within the software and precisely hitting all three registration marks, the cut was off by 2mm vertically/Y-axis and 11 mm horizontally/X-axis). Unclear what went wrong, but it was VERY frustrating.

Wondering if there is just no point in trying to print and cut with this older machine. It's due to be retired (possibly to metal recycling) and replaced fairly soon.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
SandyMcC

Re: Help needed Print & Cut KNK MAXX

Post by SandyMcC »

if you were able to PERFECTLY calibrate the Maxx and things then went awry with your project, it's NOT the cutter. It's just something "different" about the project or something else. I will gladly help you with this issue but the first thing would be to send me your SCUT4 file. My email is smccauley45@cox.net. I"m in Arizona and off to bed now, but I will look for your file tomorrow morning in my email and I will help you figure out the issue.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/