X & Y values will not save

RedPunchDesign

X & Y values will not save

Post by RedPunchDesign »

Hi there,
So I tried this in both Scal v 3.053 and 3.056. No cigar.
I have my business cards set 6 up.... 3 columns, 3 rows.
Far right column- the cut is off .125" to the right, far left column is .125" to the left, the middle column is closest to being correct.
I tried deleting the left and right columns and duplicated the middle to replace the left and right column, same bad results.
Someone else had this issue, they said there was a glitch with the version they were using but it was scal 2. I tried what they tried, save then hit cancel, and even save, close scal and re-open. No luck.

Here is the strangest part, I printed and cut three shapes from the library and it worked perfectly.

I feel like I am getting so close, but am beyond frustrated with how much time I am losing. Is there a better program for me? I know that MTC isn't compatible with Mac and a Silver Bullet.
Lauren

SCAL3
Illustrator, CS3
Silver Bullet 24"
MacBook Pro OSX 10.8
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Re: X & Y values will not save

Post by sstehman »

Taking shot in the dark....but did you try to go to "preferences" and "calibration" to see if that solves it?
Sandy in PA
RedPunchDesign

Post by RedPunchDesign »

Hi Sandy, I'm in PA too! Do you make house calls? lol
I'm not seeing anything under preferences that deals with calibration. I only know of the calibration settings on the print and cut window > calibrate laser > edit values.
I appreciate your "shot" :)
Lauren

SCAL3
Illustrator, CS3
Silver Bullet 24"
MacBook Pro OSX 10.8
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Your a little far away for the house call. But I'm thinking of the laser calibration. Go to SCAL3 - preferences and see if there is a tab for SCAL3 and then laser calibration. I don't have SCAL3 in front of me.
Sandy in PA
RedPunchDesign

Post by RedPunchDesign »

"Silhouette registration marks" under Print & Cut is the closest thing to laser?? hmmmm...not finding it under anything else either.
Lauren

SCAL3
Illustrator, CS3
Silver Bullet 24"
MacBook Pro OSX 10.8
ckiorio

Post by ckiorio »

What did you design them in? Did you print them out, then try to cut them? My printer actually prints the images upside down, so I always have to be careful to make sure I put the artwork in the printer in the right direction.
24" Cougar Pro with ARMS that does not work
SCAL 3.057
CorelDraw X5
Illustrator CS5
Win 7 64 bit
Epson Stylus Pro 7600
RedPunchDesign

Post by RedPunchDesign »

I designed in Adobe Illustrator cs3. Yes I print then cut.
The X Y values will creep up a point on both axises after I cut??? So I go in every time and change back.
So....I ended up sticking with Scal v 3.053. I imported the SVG which only showed half of the cut lines that I needed, then I imported the file as a png (which gave me the other half of the cut lines) and scaled it down to the sized of the svg.
This is what I was doing for the longest time but the png files were not importing, but somehow miraculously are now.
Craft edge sent me ANOTHER version of SCAL a few days ago, I'll test it out next week and update you all.
The colors on the png aren't as good as the svg, so I definitely need this to work as it should.
Lauren

SCAL3
Illustrator, CS3
Silver Bullet 24"
MacBook Pro OSX 10.8