Print & Cut- images not showing in print preview

HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: Print & Cut- images not showing in print preview

Post by HeatherM »

sstehman wrote:Heather....here is a tutorial need. Could you explain this process further? "if you embed an image file in your svg file (using Inkscape ) that it will import with the svg file into SCAL3/eCAL? I do this all of the time with my digi stamps."
Sure, I can do that. Probably when I'm feeling a bit sharper.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Hope you feel better soon. It is definitely making its rounds in our area.
Sandy in PA
RedPunchDesign

Post by RedPunchDesign »

Hi Heather,
The print preview is in Scal. I've attached a screen capture of what the print preview looks like. I did print it to see what would come out, and it prints what is in the preview.
Craft edge support told me that I needed to try the newest SCAL Version 3.056, but it gave the same results. hmmm....
When you printed it, did the "Red Punch" type looked 3-d or was the "d" filled in and was it flat looking?
My printer is a canon pixma pro 9000 Mark II, I'll look on their site to see if I need a driver update!
And thanks Heather for all your help on this, I hope you're feeling better soon! Remember...rest is best!
-Lauren
Attachments
3.JPG
3.JPG (16.4 KiB) Viewed 3882 times
Lauren

SCAL3
Illustrator, CS3
Silver Bullet 24"
MacBook Pro OSX 10.8
HeatherM

Post by HeatherM »

The first print with the older version of SCAL3 printed correctly and the text looked 3D. I updated to the Windows version 3.057 and tried it again. The scut file did not open correctly (things were misplaced and distorted) and when I imported the svg file the text wasn't 3D, though the image was there in the print out.
RedPunchDesign

Post by RedPunchDesign »

O really?! Ok, maybe this IS a driver issue. I found a driver update for my printer, I'm so tempted to leave work early to update and test it out!
Lauren

SCAL3
Illustrator, CS3
Silver Bullet 24"
MacBook Pro OSX 10.8
RedPunchDesign

Post by RedPunchDesign »

I AM PRINTING!!!! :)
I emailed a friend from the That's Scrap forum my files, and she sent them back, she said I had the color and fill on the cut layer set to nothing, so she added a fill color and a line color and then selected all and saved.
I vaguely remember the rules on cut lines and their stroke/fill. I saw the cut preview show up on the cut layer, so I assumed it was all good.
Also, I updated the driver on my printer, yet the print preview hasn't changed and still looks like I am missing the majority of the business card; however, I hit print, and it prints perfectly now! I actually used SCAL V 3.053 as opposed to the newest one that customer support thought was the issue. I think I'll stick with this version, for now at least!
I plan on printing and cutting these this weekend and will be sure to share pics!

Thanks a million Heather :)
Lauren

SCAL3
Illustrator, CS3
Silver Bullet 24"
MacBook Pro OSX 10.8
HeatherM

Post by HeatherM »

Glad it's working for you. :D I'm pretty sure that it was a print driver issue rather than fill/stroke. Your original file printed and the cut preview was fine without them.

SCAL has always been pretty much fill/stroke blind. Only recent versions have even kept the original fill/stroke used in imported files.
RedPunchDesign

Post by RedPunchDesign »

Yes! It's like magic....when it works ;)
Yeah I can't believe I didn't even think about the printer, that it would cause this issue. It should have crossed my mind after I got a new OS to update the driver. Lesson learned.
Very good call my friend!
Lauren

SCAL3
Illustrator, CS3
Silver Bullet 24"
MacBook Pro OSX 10.8