Sure Cuts A Lot 3 Registration Marks Problem

cwsprinting

Sure Cuts A Lot 3 Registration Marks Problem

Post by cwsprinting »

I am using a Epson 3880 Stylus Pro and a USCutter Laserpoint II. When I go to print or print cut and add registration marks to my job it comes back say some of the registration marks are out of the print area... matt size 16x20 print media paper is 16x20 and my printer setting is also set to 16X20 but it is still saying this...
PLEASE GOD help... I am about to walk out to the shop with a bat and just start swinging!!! lol
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: Sure Cuts A Lot 3 Registration Marks Problem

Post by HeatherM »

The registration marks go outside of the cutting area by a bit, so if you have the cutting lines near the edges of your printing area at least part of the registration marks will be outside of the printable area. You don't say what type of cutter that you have, but if it is one with manual alignment then it doesn't matter if part of the marks aren't printed as long as the important parts are there. Check the preview to see if you will have what you need when you print.

Also, you might be able to move the registration marks closer to your cutting lines. Check in your SCAL preferences to see if that's an option for your cutter.