Cut and Print button in sure cuts a lot 3

caysie

Cut and Print button in sure cuts a lot 3

Post by caysie »

I don't seem to have a print and cut button. I only have the cut with cutter button. How can I get the print and cut button?
dragonlord666

Re: Cut and Print button in sure cuts a lot 3

Post by dragonlord666 »

it's hidden LOL

no, you click the cut with cutter button (looks like a sheet of paper with scissors on it) and then at the bottom of the popup dialogue is the print & cut button.

which, if you think about it is a good place as you are, technically, still cutting with your cutter :)

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
Software: SCAL 5 Pro, Inkscape, Gimp
Computer:IMac running Mojave
ukracer

Post by ukracer »

dragonlord666 wrote:it's hidden LOL

no, you click the cut with cutter button (looks like a sheet of paper with scissors on it) and then at the bottom of the popup dialogue is the print & cut button.

which, if you think about it is a good place as you are, technically, still cutting with your cutter :)

Gaz
It does not show in my software?? Anyone know why?

Regards Andy T
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

What cutter do you have? Have you selected it in the preferences (Cutter/My Cutter)?
ukracer

Post by ukracer »

HeatherM wrote:What cutter do you have? Have you selected it in the preferences (Cutter/My Cutter)?
I am using a LIYU TC with optical eye.

Which is the same as USCUTTER TC rebadged.

And yes its selected in preferences.

Regards Andy T
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

I couldn't find the Print and Cut button for that cutter either. I would report the problem to Craft Edge here. http://www.craftedge.com/support/support_form.html

Is there another USCutter machine that is similar that you could possibly select in SCAL instead? Might not work, but it might. HTH
ukracer

Post by ukracer »

HeatherM wrote:I couldn't find the Print and Cut button for that cutter either. I would report the problem to Craft Edge here. http://www.craftedge.com/support/support_form.html

Is there another USCutter machine that is similar that you could possibly select in SCAL instead? Might not work, but it might. HTH
It really depends on what SCAl does with the info. The TC is a manual red dot rather than ARMS like the new small model cutters.
ukracer

Post by ukracer »

HeatherM wrote:I couldn't find the Print and Cut button for that cutter either. I would report the problem to Craft Edge here. http://www.craftedge.com/support/support_form.html

Interesting I just went through a few cutters I actually know about and non of the UScutter models have print and cut enabled. The TC and SC both can come with an optical eye. The TC can be controlled using other software and serial cable. In fact there are a myriad of ways to use the TC depending on software and its one reason I was hoping that SCAL would make contour cutting on the TC a joy rather than a chore. I have sold thousands of TC SC and Pcut (LIYU versions not UScutter) and we used to ship them with signcut. Now the 12 months are up and the customers have progressed they need something a little bit up market to signcut and a hookey copy of Corel, which is what many users start with. They are all starting to ask what they should get next.

Having used SCAL for a couple of weeks its by far the best value starter software I have seen and used , and I have yet to cast my eyes over the Pro version and see if it offers much more or not. I invariably ended up giving the user hands on training and demos I decided that training is an important aspect and as the company I used to work with SIGNZWORLD is hopefully going to be getting a visit from the taxman shortly ;) , I think there will be a lot more people getting cutters off ebay and not knowing how to use them.
ukracer

Post by ukracer »

Just had a reply from Craft edge and they are saying to use the TC with optical eye I need the pro version. I find this very unfair as its only a very basic cutter with a red dot and other cutters that do have the function in the basic version are more expensive that a Liyu Sc . Its even worse when you see the prices are $60 for SCAL 3 and it ramps up to $200 for SCAL3 Pro. This means that there is other software available between those price brackets that much be loosing hundreds of sales for Craft Edge. :(

Dissappointed

Regards Andy T
ElnaB

Post by ElnaB »

I just purchased a US Cutter and have not got it to cut with the sure cuts a lot 3 I was using my cricket and the software and it worked fine, but I wanted to step it up a bit and have a larger format to cut with. I guess I'll be looking for another software program to run my cutter :cry: :cry: