double sided printing

busybee

double sided printing

Post by busybee »

Hi there,

Has anyone tried doing a double sided print using scal2? I have a card I'm trying to print and cut but since I designed the front on tab 1 and the back on tab 2...I'd like to be able to set tab 2 as the "mirrored" image of tab 1, so everything lines up when I fold the card.

Suggestions?

Thanks for the help!
dragonlord666

Re: double sided printing

Post by dragonlord666 »

just off the top of my head but....

set the mat to the size of your media

use the grid to set both parts in the correct place (remember one should be on the left the other on the right)
one way to do this might be to line them both up, place a rectangle the size of you media around them group then flip the whole thing.

then print - take into consideration that not all printers will take the paper exactly the same each time so there could be some shifting.

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
Software: SCAL 5 Pro, Inkscape, Gimp
Computer:IMac running Mojave
busybee

Post by busybee »

Thanks Gaz...I learned something new, I didn't know you could set the mat to the actual media size!

I'm attaching the file for your reference.

The first tab is the inside of the card, the "doors" on the barn will close, and the X will print on the reverse side on the 2nd tab. I'm thinking I missed a step in your instructions... when I flipped everything, it didn't appear to shift right.

I appreciate your help!
Attachments
test.scut2
(1.25 MiB) Downloaded 124 times
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

I've never tried this, but if you center the object on the mat, it might help to align it. Good luck! Show us how it turns out.
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

OK so I'm not 100% sure it will work, as I said, it was off the top of my head but.

I have set your mat 10X6
I grouped the 1st page, the 2nd was already
I cut and pasted in place the 2nd page to the first
I set both to be about the same size
placed a square around to the same size as the mat (10X6) and made it purple stroke no fill
I have centred both designs to the mat
I then used cut and paste in place to move the 2nd design back to it's own page
now, in theory, if you print this (and you get the paper in the printer the right way round :) ) this should print.
it might fall over as the printer might not recognise 10X6 so you could make the mat A4 (or letter) sized so long as you keep the design AND rectangle the same size (you may need to group them, change the mat size and then ungroup again.
when you print, turn off the eye for the rectangle or it will be included in the print and the cut :)

now it may not work, but it should help give you a direction to go unless someone else can come up with a better option.

Gaz
Attachments
test.scut2
(1.35 MiB) Downloaded 116 times
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
Software: SCAL 5 Pro, Inkscape, Gimp
Computer:IMac running Mojave
busybee

Post by busybee »

Hey there...so.....what I ended up doing....I literally placed the 2nd tab (page 2) on the complete opposite side of the mat...if you look at what attached you'll see what I did...and I had to adjust a bit but whala! It only took 3 tries after this.

Gaz, without your telling me I could resize the mat and to flip for right/left...I'd never have been able to do this, so thanks!

I will definitely try what you suggest...it's a bit late to try something so involved hahaha!!!

I did try centering...didn't help...HOWEVER...if I print on 12 x 12, it does work (because the size is the same all around, I'm guessing).

I have a message into CraftEdge too...maybe this is something that should be added to the wishlist!!

Thanks again everyone!
Attachments
test.scut2
(1.24 MiB) Downloaded 118 times