Ecal download for MAc cannot find machine PLEASE HELP ME

ktownjojo

Ecal download for MAc cannot find machine PLEASE HELP ME

Post by ktownjojo »

Please help me! I am so frustrated. I purchased the ecal software for MAC yesterday. I downloaded it, registered. The program itself works fine as far as design.
I wanted to use the print 2 cut option. THe print part works fine. When I got to the cut part, the machine won't respond to the computer commands at all. At first it
kept telling me the machine isn't found or on. The next day the print2cut menu popped up and I tried selecting load mat and calibrate laser several different times and
my curser just kept spinning and the program never responded. The eclipse works fine with cartridges.I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software. I checked for updates and
it said there were none. I tried this on two different computers, both Macs and still nothing. I just don't understand. I would appreciate any help given. Thank you.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Re: Ecal download for MAc cannot find machine PLEASE HELP ME

Post by sstehman »

I use a mac and do not have this issue. Did you get the new cable for the eClips that has a split connector on the end? One is for the computer and the other for the remote. I believe some were having a communication conflict and eClips sent out the new cable. If you didn't get one, contact them to have one sent. It's the only thing coming to mind at the moment.

What version of eCal did you download?
Sandy in PA
ktownjojo

Post by ktownjojo »

Thank you for your help! No, I didn't get the new cable. I will contact one and get on though. Thanks!
deannag

Post by deannag »

I had an issue with my eclips where the error message read that the machine could not be found. After many telephone calls with tech support from eclips and after uninstalling, reinstalling, installing other patches they sent me, they finally had to send me out a new machine. Apparently, there was an issue with mine.
ktownjojo

Post by ktownjojo »

Thank you for your help! I have been able to figure it out. I needed to take the usb cable and bypass the remote, so it goes from eclips machine to computer only. Such an easy fix, but I really think they should include that bit of info on the instructions.There are labels on the cord that it came with. One is marked remote, one computer and the other back of machine, so that it how I plugged them in. I was so frustrated after trying every other thing I could think of, then I unplugged it and ran it from the machine to the computer. As soon as I did that it worked perfectly! After using it, I must say, I am so pleased with the eclips machine. So much better than the cricut.