Printer recommendations for print/cut & printing

CMA

Printer recommendations for print/cut & printing

Post by CMA »

I have a kodak ESP Office6150. It is starting to have issues. Most of it is a slight blur. I just changed the color cartridge last week today I changed the black to see if that helps. However I am gearing up for a new printer and wondered what everyone is using.
papasue

Re: Printer recommendations for print/cut & printing

Post by papasue »

Hi, my DH is a photographer so he needed a printer with lots of colors. We have a Canon Pro 9000. It has 8 color cartridges so it is a little pricey to buy and even more to replace cartridges but it does do beautiful color.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

I have the same printer as papasue. I use refillable inktanks so it does not cost as much to replace, still does great colour as the ink is the same as Cannon's own.

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
Software: SCAL 5 Pro, Inkscape, Gimp
Computer:IMac running Mojave
gmapatty

Post by gmapatty »

I have an HP Photosmart 6520 and it does the job. I have tried it a couple of times and the results are great.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

I have an HP Photosmart too. Mine is several years old so won't show the model, but have never once had an issue with it and the color is great.
Sandy in PA
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

I think you need to ask yourself what you are going to be printing. If you are going to be mostly printing photos then you need a good photo printer, probably an inkjet with more colors. If you are going to be printing mostly digi stamps, card toppers, or digital elements then you can most likely get by with less colors or possibly a laser printer.

I mostly print digi stamps with an occasional full color digital element so my main printer is a color laser. I can print a photo in a pinch, though it is nowhere near as good as printing them at Costco. :lol: It meets my needs though, and has lasted much longer than any inkjet that we have owned (a much lower long term cost for consumables too).
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

Also bear in mind the size you will want to print - most printers are A4. the A3 printers will print A3 (not 12X12 but only about 1/4 inch difference) the canon pro9000 is an A3+ which prints upto 14 inches wide.

if you only ever want to print A4 then this becomes a moot point and it's all about the price of the inks! - please DO NOT get a printer where all the colours are in one tank, they ARE a waste of ink as if one colour runs out, you have to throw out ALL the colours - separate ink tanks are better as you only replace the one tank that is empty!!

Gaz
HeatherM wrote:I think you need to ask yourself what you are going to be printing. If you are going to be mostly printing photos then you need a good photo printer, probably an inkjet with more colors. If you are going to be printing mostly digi stamps, card toppers, or digital elements then you can most likely get by with less colors or possibly a laser printer.

I mostly print digi stamps with an occasional full color digital element so my main printer is a color laser. I can print a photo in a pinch, though it is nowhere near as good as printing them at Costco. :lol: It meets my needs though, and has lasted much longer than any inkjet that we have owned (a much lower long term cost for consumables too).
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
CMA

Post by CMA »

Hi all thanks for the information. I will only be using it for basic printing, digi art, card word fronts maybe some bag toppers and crafty things. I probably won't print pictures but have thought about printing a picture on fabric. Mind you thought about and actually doing it. HA!. I will need to scan.
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

I've printed on fabric (calico) on my cannon pro9000 but the ink is NOT waterproof. so you would need some kind of fixative for it.

Gaz