Print and cut - doesn't print

papercruiser

Print and cut - doesn't print

Post by papercruiser »

I am aware of the other threads with a similar topic, but there seems to be an issue.

Shapes set to "print and cut - print" are not printing. These are shapes created right in SCAL3, with a color fill, but no stroke.

When I print, using either the print dialog, or the print-and-cut dialog, the printer spits out a blank sheet of paper.

This is not a driver issue, as I am able to successfully print other things, even other print-and-cut projects created the same way in SCAL3.

Version 3.044
gj1

Re: Print and cut - doesn't print

Post by gj1 »

Make sure the orientation is set to Vertical and see if that will work.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
papercruiser

Post by papercruiser »

gj1 wrote:Make sure the orientation is set to Vertical and see if that will work.
Thanks, I double-checked and the printer settings are set to "portrait" as opposed to "landscape."
papercruiser

Post by papercruiser »

papercruiser wrote:
gj1 wrote:Make sure the orientation is set to Vertical and see if that will work.
Thanks, I double-checked and the printer settings are set to "portrait" as opposed to "landscape."
I also ran some tests with the other file I was printing from today, it does noe print anymore. I don't know what, if anything, changed. Restarting SCAL3 did nothing to help: rebooting the computer now.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Oh, I am sorry...I did not mean that you should change anything with your printer settings...I meant regarding the mat orientation in SCAL3...if it is set to horizontal it will just spit the paper out, but if on vertical it prints. Also make sure everything is within the boundries of the mat proper.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
papercruiser

Post by papercruiser »

Thanks gj1 - that wasn't the problem.

I rebooted and it's printing now. very odd.
papercruiser

Post by papercruiser »

OK, this is now happening a lot. For no apparent reason, it won't print; just spits out a blank sheet of paper, until I reboot.
newbiecat

Post by newbiecat »

Hi
Is this happening with evey file?

Did you create the file yourself?
If you check the layers palette do you have an layer with the word 'break' in it ? Or a layer with the eye switched off ?

Have you tried changing it to no fill and a stroke line instead ?

Are you sending it to Print and Cut via the print+cut button under the cutwith dialog box? If so are your shapes too close to the edge of the print margin which will have the effect of creating the registration marks outside the print area?
I just produced a video about manual tracing an image in SCAL which then goes onto show how to check this - hadnt posted it here because I think of this site as being Inkscape not SCAL however the link is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zh9qzjk0Ao there are two parts the first is all about trace and checking registration marks and the second all about how to set up the media and mat to allow the silver bullet to find the registration marks
These may be helpful or not depending on your experience

Would you attach a file it is happening with and I am happy to test it on my printer and see if the same thing happens ?
Pandora
Win7, SCAL3.044, Silver Bullet 18" Craft Artist Pro, Photoshop,