Print N Cut Issues ecal

Soulsisterd

Print N Cut Issues ecal

Post by Soulsisterd »

Help please. I am using the Print and Cut on Ecal and I seem to be having some issues. When after I have pulled my image and inserted my shadow. I go to print the image and it does not print with the registration marks. I have to change my shadow (cut layer) to all white, print that 1st and them print my image layer. What i am I doing wrong?

Thanks Ladies.
Thanks a bunch
Blessings SoulSisterD
gj1

Re: Print N Cut Issues

Post by gj1 »

Make sure your cutter is selected properly in the cutter list. This was mentioned in a previous post as having resolved the missing registration marks.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Post by HeatherM »

Do you have your cut layer visible when you print? ECAL only prints registration marks if there is a cutting layer visible. An easy way to have all of your layers active at the same time is to set your "Cut line type" since eCAL has Print2Cut Cut that cuts but doesn't print and Print2Cut Print that prints but doesn't cut. HTH
Soulsisterd

Post by Soulsisterd »

Thank you. Once I sent it to Print to Print it worked. The cut was a little off,but it work. :D
Thanks a bunch
Blessings SoulSisterD
KeyWestKelly

Re: Print N Cut Issues ecal - Resolved

Post by KeyWestKelly »

My print-2-cut won't print anything?!?! I go through all the steps to print but nothing prints. I've tried printing an email & printed fine. Restarted my computer & still nadda. Any suggestions?
gj1

Re: Print N Cut Issues ecal

Post by gj1 »

Does Heather's post above help you at all for printing? Not sure if it is about the same thing that Soulsisterd had happening or not.
HeatherM

Re: Print N Cut Issues ecal - Resolved

Post by HeatherM »

KeyWestKelly wrote:My print-2-cut won't print anything?!?! I go through all the steps to print but nothing prints. I've tried printing an email & printed fine. Restarted my computer & still nadda. Any suggestions?
Make sure that your design is placed on the virtual mat where it will fit on your paper. The small triangle on the virtual mat always prints at the upper left of your paper. Have you tried printing just a simple shape from the Shapes Library to see if that will print? Also, it might help if you could post a scut file so that we can take a look at it. HTH
HeatherM

Post by HeatherM »

Also try setting your material size to 12x12. There is a bug in 1.008 that shifts the image if you have letter or A4 set as a paper size which could result in your image not printing because it is off of the page.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Just an update on this issue. CE is aware and is working on the fix for the A4 printing issue.
Sandy in PA
gj1

Post by gj1 »

btt so others see Sandy's note.