How to calibrate my machine? (eclips)

Zara

How to calibrate my machine? (eclips)

Post by Zara »

Once again me and another question. I tried print-to-cut with 3 printers!! :? There is a very old one, hpdeskjet, an epson (I don't like this one...) and today I got my fathers to try, this is a Canon prixma. The stupid epson printed the right way. But I won't use it because the printing is :oops: :evil: terrible! When I use one of the other printer there's always 1-2 mm cutted from the printed design :(

I hope someone can help me.

I use eCal for my eclips and windows7 ultimate.

Thanks for helping me!
Have a wonderfull day!

Sorry if my english is sometimes a little funny. I'm from Germany and I do my very best so you can hopefully understand what I mean.
HeatherM
Location: Michigan, SCAL1; SCAL2; eCAL; Windows7 64 bit; eCAL Mavericks

Re: How to calibrate my machine? (eclips)

Post by HeatherM »

I would guess that you have your artwork outside the area that your printers can print on. All printers have different printable areas. If you click the Preview (magnifying glass) it will show you where the registration marks will print. Move the artwork so that the registration marks will fit in your printer's printable area.

Another possible problem could be your virtual mat orientation. ECAL always prints with the corner triangle on the upper left corner of your paper, so if you have your mat orientation set to horizontal/landscape the lower left corner of the virtual mat will print to the upper left on your paper. This one always has me making a second run to the printer. :roll:

Also, you need to re-calibrate your laser if you change your mat orientation. You can find this in the Cutter menu.