Add Image Feature when using Trace Image (SCAL 3)

qaycee

Add Image Feature when using Trace Image (SCAL 3)

Post by qaycee »

I tried using the add image feature with trace image in SCAL 3. To print the added image, I hid the overlaid trace image in the layers box. But when I tried to print the image, it kept printing the huge image size that was originally imported even though I had re-sized the image. What am I doing wrong? I have tried using the place image and trace image features together, but the objects are never the same size or proportions so it's difficult to align them. Any suggestions will be really helpful. I've been up all night trying to make this work to get some cut outs for my son's party this weekend. Thanks folks!!
gj1

Re: Add Image Feature when using Trace Image (SCAL 3)

Post by gj1 »

Your mat must be set to Vertical(Portrait)to make it work and resize right. I hope this fixes it for you.
I like my mat to be Horizontal, and then it prints all wrong, or not at all. By changing this it works for me.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
Penny Duncan

Post by Penny Duncan »

Also you need to make sure your "cutting shape" layer must remain open....you can set fill and strokes to both none...but the layer must remain open so it will print the registration marks on the page as well for proper alignment.
angel

Post by angel »

When you do the trace image, get the trace just enough for the outline of the image, click on the preview button at top to see the original image while in the trace window, see if it matches the outline, if not adjust your settings some more, then click the place image, the image will still have the white box around it but scal doesnt see white so it will not print, this is sometimes a pain because you cant get alot of images on one sheet because of the white box. make sure your stroke from your trace is not showing turn it to none before printing.