Cameo, SCAL and Print & Cut

ksderby

Cameo, SCAL and Print & Cut

Post by ksderby »

I am trying to print & cut an image (in this case a Lettering Delight file) using SCAL3 and my Cameo. I'm hoping it is possible to do this with SCAL3 instead of moving to Silhouette's Designer Edition. However, even when I have a file which I can get to print with the registration marks, they are not the same as the ones I see in the Designer Edition of Silhouette and my Cameo doesn't recognize them.

I've searched YouTube, Blogs and Forums and I can't find anyone that actually does this with SCAL3. Is there a reason for this? Have people come to the conclusion that this function is not compatible with the Cameo or am I just not doing this the correct way?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I must say, I'm getting a bit frustrated out here.
gj1

Re: Cameo, SCAL and Print & Cut

Post by gj1 »

btt for some help...because I know others to have been thrilled with how it works...so I am sure it does...but don't have that machine or software...

sending to the top.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
tinkerbell

Post by tinkerbell »

You are not alone. I can't get it to work either and can't find any info on it.
ksderby

Post by ksderby »

If you come up with an answer, I would love it if you posted here. I'll continue to try and make this work and I'll let you know if I accomplish it.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19165

Searching, although I don't have this machine...found something here, I think...read all.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
Sandwil69

Post by Sandwil69 »

Just an FYI I was having an issue with my Cameo not finding my registration marks after it had already cut out some print and cuts before. I contacted Silhouette support and they did work with me on trying to get the problem fixed well after 2 days of emails and me trying everything I finally went and got my flashlight and started looking around the blade housing. There was a tiny piece of vinyl that was stuck there that was apparently not allowing the silhouette to detect the registration marks. With patience and tweezers vinyl is gone and my Cameo is cutting like a champ.