Print in SCAL2 = Rhinestone pattern Help Please

Boopala

Print in SCAL2 = Rhinestone pattern Help Please

Post by Boopala »

Does anyone know how to print a rhinestone pattern onces it is made in SCAL2. I want to print it on paper and not cut it on my machine.
Thank You,
Boopala
gj1

Re: Print in SCAL2 = Rhinestone pattern Help Please

Post by gj1 »

Do a print screen.

Ctrl+Fn and PrtSc at the same time
And then, open Paint
and press Ctrl+Fn and the letter V all at the same time
Then crop the image in paint, save as .jpg and print.

Or, if your computer has a snip tool you can make a picture to print.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

could you load a pen into the pen housing/holder and print it directly from ecal?
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I believe the poster is asking about scal 2 and when you just file/print it prints a large red square or whatever the design is...I just used a square to test, and if 'print outline only' is checked, it makes a line square. You do have the option to export as a .bmp or .png for the circles pattern. If you want a picture of the pretty stones, you have to do a screen shot of some sort. I lay a white square behind the image before taking the screen shot. Change the color of the stones in the layers panel to white so the red outline is not around the stones.
papasue

Post by papasue »

mitsim wrote:could you load a pen into the pen housing/holder and print it directly from ecal?
In ecal the print/preview and then print works
Screen shot 2012-03-19 at 5.01.32 PM.png
Screen shot 2012-03-19 at 5.01.32 PM.png (39.12 KiB) Viewed 4150 times
Interesting idea to use a pen tho.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
papasue

Post by papasue »

The way to do it all in SCAL, at least in SCAL 2.043 on a Mac.

Have image on screen not selected
File/ Print
The Print/Preview panel opens. (I get a solid image no stones showing, but I am in PREVIEW.)

Resize the preview window smaller as you will need to see your SCAL screen. I found that closing all the other panels in SCAL made this easier.
Screen shot 2012-03-19 at 6.08.30 PM.png
Screen shot 2012-03-19 at 6.08.30 PM.png (79.82 KiB) Viewed 4139 times
In the Preview FILE menu there is an option to TAKE A SCREEN SHOT from SELECTION. Select this option

A box will pop up telling you to draw across the image this is your scal screen it is referreng to.
Drag and you will see that you get a grey box that you surround your image. The screen capture shows up so you can see that you got it all;

Now you can print from Preview.

So you have many ways to do what you want to do in SCAL2 unless WIN does it differently than my Mac,
Screen shot 2012-03-19 at 6.08.56 PM.png
Screen shot 2012-03-19 at 6.08.56 PM.png (73.88 KiB) Viewed 4139 times

this takes some getting used to and how big you want it to print but it gets the job done all in SCAL
Susan E

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
papasue

Post by papasue »

Very interesting. Gj tells me that her WIN OS does not have a "print preview". Since I've never worked on any WIN based OS I had no idea that you couldn't preview what you were going to print.

I guess it was a good thing that I said I was using my Mac. Moral of this is that it is so important when asking a question that you explain what your computer/software configuration is so the right person gives you the right answer.

Sorry folks, but I'll leave the instructions here for the few Mac folk. :P
Susan E

eClips2.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I checked about not having a print preview and that depends on the printer type.

Also, one thing I know about printing a snip is that the snip needs to be taken with the image 'actual size'.
Boopala

Post by Boopala »

Thank you everyone.... Sorry if there was confusion here. I don't get out here much and I'm new trying to do rhinestones. I have SCAL2 and I have a HP photo smart printer 8250. I can create my design to a rhinestone pattern. But when I print it out it prints the design out and not the rhinestone pattern. Even if I do a preview. I have SCAL2 version 2.038
Thank you,
Boopala