Printing A4 pages

eaelec

Printing A4 pages

Post by eaelec »

Hello, I have started messing around with SCAL and would like to know where my image needs to be placed on the 12" x 12" mat if I intend printing on an A4 portrait page.

Thanks
gj1

Re: Printing A4 pages

Post by gj1 »

You will have to place right at the dotted line mat just in and down from the top and side about .25inch...A4 is kind of large, not sure you will get that size printed and cut that large. All you can do is try. Every cutting machine is a bit different.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

what cutting machine do you have, eaelec?
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

I have a black cat cougar 18" but to cut decoupage from my craft CD's what I have found to work is:

once you have traced your image to get cutlines - mostly I do this in inkscape but sometimes I do it in Scal3 - depends which gives me the best trace. I put a A4 sized box around the cutlines
I set it up in Scal3 with image to print and select both print & cutlines, group them, then set to 8.00 inch X 11.312 (or close, I leave keep proportions ticked)
I then click the eye on the A4 sized rectangle as I don't want/need to cut that and then when I click cut>print and cut this allows the image, cutlines & regmarks to fit on a A4 sheet without borderless printing.

I set my mat to A4 (11.7 X8.3 inches) and set the print & cutlines to centre both H & V

My actual mat is 15.7 X 11.7 so I set the A4 in the bottom right hand corner and set origin with the blade in the bottom right hand corner of the page.
so far it has worked fine for me (so long as I get the laser to line up LOL)

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
Software: SCAL 5 Pro, Inkscape, Gimp
Computer:IMac running Mojave