print2cut how to cut outline only

carolmcc

print2cut how to cut outline only

Post by carolmcc »

i am pretty new to the eclips, and am having a very hard time figuring out how to cut just the outline of an imported image. i can import, print, find my marks on the paper and align them....but i don't know how to just cut the outline of the image, not all of the text and images inside the 'box'. for instance, i printed a cabinet card with text and pics and i want to just cut out the card outline. thanks for any input.
gj1

Re: print2cut how to cut outline only

Post by gj1 »

If it is a rectangle or such you can just put a shape around it and then cut that shape...you would size it to fit in the program, or if it is a irregular shape you will need to trace your image, break apart and then just use the outline.

These are basics and would be described in the tutorials for your program. Someone will come along to share those links...I'm sorry I do not have the new machine...'yet'.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
papasue

Post by papasue »

See this post for a link to svg cuts video and other comments, he explains it very well.

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=26918

Let us know how you do.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
alliellis

Post by alliellis »

On the trace image screen in ecal there is a tick box at the bottom to add image layer (Print and Cut). Has anyone tried it yet?
Allison

SCAL 2.012, INKSCAPE, ADOBE PHOTOSHOP, WINDOWS 7. Sizzix eclips, ECAL

http://www.craftoutloud.co.uk
craftsbyalli.blogspot.com
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

If you image does not have a solid base layer, select your image, go to Object - Add Shadow and you can easily create the shadow layer.
Open you layers window if it is not open - Window - Layer on your menu bar.

Keep the shadow on or turn it off to print. It is your choice.
To cut, in the layers window close the eye on the image parts and leave the shadow open. When you cut, it cuts the shadow around the images you have printed.
Sandy in PA
carolmcc

Post by carolmcc »

i will try all of these things...thank you all so much for the info.
carolmcc

Post by carolmcc »

i am doing a trace image and printing. calibration marks are there. the problem now is i am getting a box around the object, instead of cutting the actual object out...how do i get rid of the box? i have tried layers which just creates another box...
Titan03

Post by Titan03 »

I am also having the same problem. I import an PDS file. I trace image. Everything looks great. I import to ecal. I make a shadow around the image so that I can do a print and cut. I also get a retangular box for the shadow. What am I doing wrong. I would like to make a shadow around the image not a retangular box shadow. I watched svg cuts video many times and cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. Any help would be great.
Thanks
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

I'm not at home to check it out completely, but click on the nodes tool in the tool box. See if you can click on the nodes on 4 corners of what might be the bounding box of the pdf image and delete the nodes first. (You might also have to do a break apart first.) Not positive, but give it a try.
Sandy in PA
ScrappyKat

Post by ScrappyKat »

Titan03, I had the same problem and after hours and hours of trying to fix it, I ended up cutting it by hand. If you get a fix, I'd be very interested to find out about it.