Calibrating machine scal version 2.043

Lauram312000

Calibrating machine scal version 2.043

Post by Lauram312000 »

Hi all! New to contributing on the forums but have been cyber stalking for months :lol:

Trying to understand the calibrating feature for v 2.043 and I just don't get it. When I calibrate, it looks like I'm only off from cutting by 1/4 of an inch (but when I print a font, for example and then cut a shape around that letter, I'm off a ton), and I'm trying to print and cut through SCAL, which seems like it should be easy enough....

Any help would be appreciated!

I've wasted a ton of paper trying to adjust numbers randomly, it'd be nice if I understood what I was adjusting :)

Laura
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Re: Calibrating machine scal version 2.043

Post by sstehman »

I've had the same problem, but haven't done enough print and cut to fool with it much. I do recall someone posted at one time that they went to Edit - Preferences and changed the DPI from 90 to 72 and that worked for them.
Sandy in PA
Lauram312000

Post by Lauram312000 »

Thanks so much for replying! At least I'm not losing my mind.
cmsmith64

Post by cmsmith64 »

I used the Print and Cut and was slightly off ...too close to the one edge but will try the SVG DPI 72 (Abode Illustrator) next time. Thank you for the suggestion.

Carolyn
valveej

Post by valveej »

I know this was posted 4 yrs ago but I hope someone can help me with this problem, too. My SVG DPI is in 72 (Adobe Illustrator) but cutting still is a little off. I always check if "cutting overlay" is perfectly aligned with the actual image to be printed and it always is, so I don't know why cutting's always off. The other side is always bigger than the other.

thanks!