Poinsetta Basket P&C

sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Poinsetta Basket P&C

Post by sstehman »

Just playing around and came up with this and was pretty pleased with my limited creative talents. Definitely print and hand trim around outside of image only. I hand drew the basket. The poinsettia was from a coloring book image. The tree was from the Extensions in Inkscape (Random) (Tree). I threw in just some poinsettia outline images just because.....
Attachments
Poinsetta in Basket. P&C SS.svg
(289.52 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
Poinsetta in Basket. P&C SS.png
Poinsetta in Basket. P&C SS.png (50.95 KiB) Viewed 1985 times
Sandy in PA
pastda3

Re: Poinsetta Basket P&C

Post by pastda3 »

Very, very nice Sandy. I can't believe we have Christmas on the brain already!
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
gj1

Post by gj1 »

YOUR basket is FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just love it!!! Thank you so much.

And do tell more about 'extentions' in Ink...never use them...what are they?
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Not sure yet that I know what they are either. Was just playing around and I went to extension - render - tree and this tree popped up on the screen. Then I went to the fill and stroke and changed the stroke width and the color. Was really just playing around.

Also just found this other one -- go to Extensions - render - foldable box. It asks you to put in the box height and width dimensions, the depth, the number of tabs and the thickness of the paper. So playing around I did a 4 x 6 box with .6 tabs size and this is what I got. Haven't tried to cut it or anything, yet. Also don't know if fold lines show up, however, there is a box to check for guidelines.

I'm going to put this same explanation in a different post so maybe someone else has played around with this feature.

Anyway, you are so much better than I am at this so if you experiment, let me know what you come up with.
Attachments
Foldable 4 x 6 box.svg
(8.26 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
Foldable 4 x 6 box.png
Foldable 4 x 6 box.png (6.19 KiB) Viewed 1942 times
Sandy in PA
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I am not better than anyone or anybuddy...lol...just a joke...

I am so thrilled to have something else to experiment with that is going to be cool like this. Thanks for the tip.