cut out still attached to card after cutting finished

davenrtn1

cut out still attached to card after cutting finished

Post by davenrtn1 »

Hi and how you all?
I am quite new to ''sure cuts a lot'' and my eCraft machine, but I am getting along very well with both. The only problem I have at the minute, the cut is excellent but just a small piece does not cut and is left attached to the card stock, which is very annoying and always seems to be on a very delicate piece on and spoils the cut out image. Does any one have any tips of how to overcome this small problem ?
Many Thanks Dave
pastda3

Re: cut out still attached to card after cutting finished

Post by pastda3 »

I don't have an e-craft, but sometimes when that happens with the Expressions, it's because the pressure isn't set right. Are you able to adjust your settings to see if that might work?
SCAL1, SCAL2 V2.044, SCAL3. SCAL4 XPsp3, Windows 7, Windows 10-64 bit, Ink.46, Cricut E, Silhouette Cameo
***My files are not to be sold and are for personal use only.***
gj1

Post by gj1 »

You could observe the print preview and see if there is an incomplete path.
Also, possibly lower the blade depth and increase pressure.
Some say it is the blade angle and there are blades with different angles apparently...I don't know about them.
You could also retrace the image for a clearer outline.

You can contact support if you can't resolve this or the manufacturer of your cutter.

I used the search for this forum where I learned some of what I mention above...others have posted more info there.
I think I typed in cut is incomplete or something like that.

Hope you get this resolved.

btt for others comments.
kathe

Post by kathe »

Hi Folks,

I'm new to Sure Cuts a Lot and also have a new eCraft. I haven't had a chance to cut anything yet from SCAL but I have noticed my eCraft leaving small attached areas, usually is the same location, e.g., the top right section of the shape. It does not show up as an open path in the previewl I hope we can solve our problem!