Print & Cut help

reaton

Print & Cut help

Post by reaton »

I need help with Print and Cut. When I try to use the print & cut method it doesn't print the color I have choose. Like if I'm printing Happy Birthday, most of the letters will be one color and out of the blue one letter will be red. I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
gj1

Re: Print & Cut help

Post by gj1 »

Several posts below.

I just learned from Sweetness, that if you go to Edit and then Preference and the Alpha Fill and set it to 100%, then the colors are more true. I assume you are printing FROM scal. You might also want to check the colors in the Layers section to make sure all the letters are the same color. Maybe you have a copy pasted one on top and a red one is hiding underneath...that is all that I can figure, maybe. Or, maybe they are ungrouped, so put a box around all the letters and Object and GROUP...if it changes the centers put a box around everything and go to Object and Merge.
Last edited by gj1 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

If you click on the red color box in the Properties Panel it will open the color palete to change the color.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

Should you want to change the color outline(which doesn't print anyway, but for the appearance of things on the mat), click on the rectangle colors in the Layers Panel circled in yellow.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

If you click on the eyes it turns sections on and off, or hides them and then reveals them again.
reaton

Post by reaton »

Please don't take this the wrong way cause I know you are trying to help and I appreciate it. But I know how to change the colors....I can type out the whole word at once so it should be the same color. But when I print maybe one letter will be a different color. Most of the time it is red but occasionally it will be green. I have it set for black outline and black fill. I was thinking more like a glitch in the program or my printer or a combination in both.
reaton

Post by reaton »

After re-reading your post I noticed you had said to group & merge. I am not familiar with merge. What does that do???
gj1

Post by gj1 »

If you ungroup your letters and the centers of the letters turn solid color the same as the letters and disappear and then if you do Merge it removes the centers of the letters again. That is what I have seen it do, anyway. I just try things till I find what I am doing wrong.
I don't know of a bug in SCAL that affects the color change in one letter of a word that you speak of...but I also don't know why your printer would do that either. This is very unusual I think. Hope you are able to get it worked out.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

You might need to clean your printer ink cartridge. You can do that through the printer program. Maybe try setting it to BEST PERFORMANCE. Or, maybe you need a whole new color and black ink cartridge. Just a thought. I know when they are messed up the colors get weird.
reaton

Post by reaton »

Sorry, lighting hit our internet tower and I just got my internet back tonight. Thank you for all your help and I will try your suggestion.