Craft Edge

Sure Cuts A Lot Forum
It is currently Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:04 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:36 am 

Hello,
This is my first time posting here. I just recently purchased a uscutter laser point 2 and I purchased the Sure cuts alot 5 pro. I am trying to contour cut and am having an issue with the print part. I have my image imported as a trace, my mat size in the software is the same as my printer, I have borderless printing on and all print settings are correct. When doing a print preview it shows fine, and it even shows fine in the preview section on scal, but when I print the image with reg marks, it cuts off the top and bottom image about 1 - 1 1/2" away from the reg marks everytime. I have tried all sorts of different settings and can't figure it out, I get no errors from scal prior to printing . This is using the print and cut feature.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:40 am 

Could you possibly post a photo showing the printout? And also a screenshot of your project opened in SCAL5 Pro?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:15 am 

Here is a photo of how scal prints it and what it is supposed to print like. Disregard image orientation I had to rotate in scal to fit it and thank you in advance

Attachments:
goggle_top_flag_Final copy.png
goggle_top_flag_Final copy.png [ 457.05 KiB | Viewed 156 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:32 am 

Did you forget to add a screenshot of the project? How large is the file? It might be best if I can open it in person and see if I can figure out what's going on. Are you positive you don't have "Fit to Page" marked in your printer options?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:40 am 

I'm sorry, the photo I posted is how it should look, this is how it prints, you will notice it really can't be a printer setting because it prints the reg marks just fine. I even imported another trace to see if that was the problem and it still chopped the image the same distance away from reg marks as the first.

Attachments:
IMG_20181229_054002.jpg
IMG_20181229_054002.jpg [ 445.56 KiB | Viewed 151 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:08 am 

It's possibly a memory issue then. I've had my own printers do that, at times, when attempting to print something that's a large high-resolution graphic. With the file saved as a .SCUT5 file, what does your computer show for overall file size?