iPhone App

Tell us the features you want to see in Sure Cuts A Lot
charylteal

iPhone App

Post by charylteal »

I'd love to see an iPhone app to create projects. This could be Craft Edge's answer to the Gypsy. All we'd need is a doc to USB cable or doc to cartridge cable to load cartridges / images. There could be a sync function to load svg or scal files we've already created.

Cutting can be accomplished with a cable, or a sync to SCAL software.

Super coolness points if you can get the Cricut to connect to a wireless base station or airport express in the USB port for wireless Cricut cutting!

Charyl

P.S. If anyone makes this, you can send it to me for free. ;)
firstcut

Re: iPhone App

Post by firstcut »

There's already been talk about this on twitter, etc. but I guess no one has posted it here before. I will definitely second the idea! It would definitely be the Gypsy crusher.
Apparently, PC decided against an iPhone CDS app and went for the Gypsy instead so they could sell more hardware. We'll see if that stragegy will pay off. No question there would be a market for iPhone apps that work with the Cricut. As I understand it, the iPhone is already SVG friendly. How about it, Todd?
jynclr

Post by jynclr »

firstcut wrote:There's already been talk about this on twitter, etc. but I guess no one has posted it here before. I will definitely second the idea! It would definitely be the Gypsy crusher.
Apparently, PC decided against an iPhone CDS app and went for the Gypsy instead so they could sell more hardware. We'll see if that stragegy will pay off. No question there would be a market for iPhone apps that work with the Cricut. As I understand it, the iPhone is already SVG friendly. How about it, Todd?
Maybe so, but first of all, CDS is written in .Net and so it is not compatible with the iPhone. They needed hardware that could run the .Net platform.

Also, there are many people who don't have an iPhone and are not interested in one. So porting CDS to the iPhone would have left many of us out. Same with SCAL. Companies try and get as wide a range as possible with their software (generally speaking.)
Sizzix eClips
eCal v1.002
Windows 7
firstcut

Post by firstcut »

Major Madon told me they were reprogramming Gypsy from the ground up, so they aren't starting with CDS and weren't tied to .NET. You can buy a new iPod Touch for less than the cost of a Gypsy and it is much smaller, has the same screen size, plus wi-fi, thousands of free apps and twice the memory. But I don't blame PC, there's no money in that for them and they have a business plan to be an electronics company, not a software company.
Does leave a huge opportunity for Todd, though.
nik_9011

Post by nik_9011 »

OHHH this would be AWESOME!!!! I have an iPhone and would totally take advantage of this! Come on Todd!!
chrislukas

Post by chrislukas »

Add me to the list of people who think this would be awesome. I have an ipod touch and think a SCAL app for it would be a Gypsy crusher!
DogCarbon
Location: Amish Country, PA... using SCAL3, Vista, ink 0.46 with my Cameo. Trying to learn alll that I can.

Post by DogCarbon »

i would buy an iphone just for THIS app if one existed
fayscrapper

Post by fayscrapper »

chrislukas wrote:Add me to the list of people who think this would be awesome. I have an ipod touch and think a SCAL app for it would be a Gypsy crusher!
Wish there was an ipod touch with SCAL app
tambra77

Post by tambra77 »

I agree.. I would buy the iphone just to have this App...
looks like there might be a market opening....
:D
MommaBear

Post by MommaBear »

I have an Iphone and I would LOVE a SCAL2 app!!!!