CorelDraw 8 plugin support

Tell us the features you want to see in Sure Cuts A Lot
dedethom

CorelDraw 8 plugin support

Post by dedethom »

When should we expect an update to the CorelDraw plugin to Corel8 ? Thanks.
bluechinook

Re: CorelDraw 8 plugin support

Post by bluechinook »

dedethom wrote:When should we expect an update to the CorelDraw plugin to Corel8 ? Thanks.
I am just asking the question as well about the plugin for CorelX8 - there is no plugin for this to SCAL4 or 5. I have searched the forum and there was no answer so IS there an update?
Now that everyone has lots of time on their hands, hopefully there will be an update.... ;)
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

First off the developer of SCAL has an enormous work load and things like the Mac Catalina update has introduced so many bugs into SCAL (and other programs) that he doesn't sit around with nothing to do. Anyhow, while you wait for a future plugin for Corel, you can export your designs as SVG and then import them into SCAL. If you have issues with the overall sizing not matching up, go to Edit>Preferences and experiment with the SVG DPI setting. It may also have changed with Corel upgrades.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
bluechinook

Post by bluechinook »

Sandy, thanks for the reply. I will definitely try that and see how it goes. Still very much a newbie at this but am loving SCAL and all the information on the forum!