Zoom, Erase, and Line Tools

Tell us the features you want to see in Sure Cuts A Lot
savnrmemries

Zoom, Erase, and Line Tools

Post by savnrmemries »

Would love to be able to zoom in on a location on the mat that may need some attention (especially during preview to see an area that may be too complicated to cut), erase, draw lines and arcs plus add small dots and other shapes to elements that are imported. This may be a LOT to ask, but it would make cutting and pasting shapes together to make borders or frames (or even design our own dies) easier.
wreed06

Re: Zoom, Erase, and Line Tools

Post by wreed06 »

There are several magnifying programs you can download for free. You can do a Google search for "screen magnifier download". Here's one I found: http://magnifier.downloadsoftware4free.com/. Maybe it could work for you in the meanwhile.
savnrmemries

Post by savnrmemries »

Hum, does anyone know if you can magnify in Inkscape? I was JUST able to get inkscape working on my Mac (not more than 10 minutes ago) and can't wait to start playing with it. I think it has most of the features I'm looking for and will be a way for me to "get by" until SCAL takes care of all our needs. I'm sure the developer (Todd) is looking hard at getting the most needed features in first - and obviously weld and shadow were definitely the most needed. Any others I can get by without ... and I'm happy to wait! Right now, I'm just enjoying all the possibilities of my new toys!
flheat0227

Post by flheat0227 »

Inkscape does have a zoom. Keep hitting the "+" button until it's the magnification you want. Likewise, click "-" to zoom out.

I'd like to add my voice to a zoom feature within SCAL. I know there are other programs that will zoom for you, but for a graphics program (which SCAL essentially is), zoom is needed. It's especially crucial since the developer added the weld feature. Most of the intricate designs made with Design Studio were made possible with a zoom feature. If you can't see close up, you don't know if your lines are meeting in exactly the right place. It would make the software that much more user friendly.