Spiral Path for inward flowing text

Tell us the features you want to see in Sure Cuts A Lot
Judithanna

Spiral Path for inward flowing text

Post by Judithanna »

Hi! I wish for a Reverse Spiral Path, and easy adjustability of the number of spirals and spacing. I need to create a series of spiral texts, each one with the starting point of the spiral on the outside, moving inward. The spiral path on SCAL4 only allows the text to begin in the center and spiral outward. I am able to reverse the spiral horizontally and vertically, which is great because I need the text to read starting at the top left, flowing down and around to the right, and around and around, that way. :) However, when I apply the text to my reversed spiral, it shows up reversed also, so that doesn't work. Help!

If there was a way to simply create a spiral by indicating a starting point, how many rotations and the amount of space between each circuit...? A simple way to pull a strand of the the spiral, like a spring, so that everything moved together...? haha...I'm sure it's obvious I know very little about how these things work... Thanks much for any consideration!
papasue

Re: Spiral Path for inward flowing text

Post by papasue »

Hi, I am getting really old and slow :x but maybe this with help you or others.

You do not say which version of scal you have but I think the spiral option came out with scal3/ecal.
spiral too how to.jpg
spiral too how to.jpg (71.88 KiB) Viewed 3734 times
Comments or corrections welcome :)
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.