Just a few wishlist items....

Tell us the features you want to see in Sure Cuts A Lot
atomicimprints

Just a few wishlist items....

Post by atomicimprints »

I'm really starting to like SCALPro once I finally got a version that seemed pretty stable. I had 3.057, but had a few issues with fonts, contour cutting, and various unexpected "SCALP has stopped working" errors. I've downgraded to 3.053c and it seems pretty good. I found a bug with adding and removing fonts from the favorites (this also happened in 3.057) and posted a thread in the "Bugs" forum. But, I do have a few wishlist items:

1.) After you "Paste In Place", allow the Shift button to be used to constrain movement to the X or Y axis when moving the pasted item.

2.) Add the "Duplicate" menu choice to the right click menu for an item.

3.) When duplicating, only have "Number of Duplicates" box and allow the number of columns/rows to be automatically adjusted when your number of duplicates and spacing exceeds the size of the mat in either direction. Add radio buttons for direction of duplicates (horizontal or vertical).

4.) If a layer has all items deleted, automatically remove layer from Layers Window.

5.) Add a "Weeding" icon somewhere in one of the toolbars or have a keyboard shortcut.

6.) When the weeding window opens, make it larger. Better yet, if the weeding window has been resized, save the window size in a preferences file so the next time it's opened, it opens to the saved size. Maybe this can be added to the same file that saves the workspace layouts?

7.) Automatic weeding lines???? This would be SUPER SWEET!
RussPitcher

Re: Just a few wishlist items....

Post by RussPitcher »

I second all of the above!
kevinp

Re: Just a few wishlist items....

Post by kevinp »

Same as above a button to bring up the weeding palette, and when it opens it needs to be bigger say 1/4 size of the desk top then with an option to make it full size.
As a note, the weeding part works really well and is very easy to use.

able to remove palette from side and put where ever i want on the screen.