Keyboard Shortcut Keys

Tell us the features you want to see in Sure Cuts A Lot
dedethom

Keyboard Shortcut Keys

Post by dedethom »

Would love to have a feature where we can define our own shortcuts for features. A little bit like CorelDraw (customize menu, keyboard shortcuts). Also, having guide lines from the rulers and being able to set a 0,0 point by dragging from the ruler.

You already made a very very good job on the software but that would be awesome.
webtrekker

Re: Keyboard Shortcut Keys

Post by webtrekker »

Yeah, keyboard shortcuts. SCAL 4 is very poor in this regard. For instance, the most sensible way to delete a layer would be to select it and press the 'Delete' key, but no, you have to fiddle about with the mouse and menu system.

I mean, why have a keyboard shortcut for 'Duplicate' but nothing for 'Rotate?' Surely it wouldn't be a massive programming task to incorporate either pre-set shortcuts or, better still, user-definable shortcuts?

Another pet hate is the inability to select multiple, consecutive layers, by using Shift+Click, as in Photoshop and many other graphics programs, instead of having to Shift+Click every layer independently.

This lack of shortcuts is spoiling what is otherwise a decent piece of software for me, particularly as I use it almost every day.
RussPitcher

Re: Keyboard Shortcut Keys

Post by RussPitcher »

I use keyboard shortcuts all day long, particularly in apps like Illustrator and Affinity Designer. A good selection would be very useful. User-definable shortcuts would be perfect.

Some top-of-the-list suggestions for shortcuts would be:
  • Space+Drag - Toggle Hand tool (while space is down)
  • V - Pointer tool
  • Z - Zoom tool
  • T - Text tool on selected layer (even layers in groups. Currently text tool only works on top-level layers, not layers in groups)
  • Ctrl+0 - Zoom to mat
  • Ctrl+Shift+0 - Zoom to selection
  • Ctrl+click - Add/Remove to/from current selection
  • Shift+click - Add/Remove range to/from current selection
  • E - Eraser tool
  • A - Node/Shape tool on selected layer
  • P - Pen(Draw) tool
  • Mouse scroll wheel - Zoom in/out