This is a must have wish list for SCAL 4 Pro users!

Tell us the features you want to see in Sure Cuts A Lot
Trance183

This is a must have wish list for SCAL 4 Pro users!

Post by Trance183 »

Hi guys, new here. Been using SCAL 3/4 Pro for about 6 months now and I love it. But here is a list of things we really need to be more productive.

1. The MOST IMPORTANT! Unless I don't see it, I spend a great deal of time adjusting my designs and objects to fit on the Mat so I can maximize my material usage. I believe the Silhouette Studio Designer edition has this feature and they call it Nesting, I think. I pray for this feature the most because this will save me lots of time and money. Thanks.
2. Ctrl and Mouse Wheel zoom in/out feature. I'm sure I read this wish somewhere else too.
3. A drop down arrow menu on the Start Menu icon for SCAL on Windows 7. If you see how Microsoft Word does it, when you go to launch the program you can use the drop down to automatically launch the recent project you want to continue with.
4. Fix or Improve the Page Tab feature. When having multiple Pages open in one project you can not save a page individually. Instead It saves all the Page Tabs under 1 project. Also when trying to UNDO a mistake under a different Page Tab the program freaks out and goes back to the original Page 1.
5. When changing the Size of the mat cut area I wish the design would automatically stay on the corner of the tiny "Black Triangle" so I don't have to adjust every time I change mat size.
6. I'm sure this has to do with FONT style but when I select the size of font I want to type in (for example 6 inches) the font turns out to be 5.3 inches or less. Not sure if this is possible.
7. The layout has been improved greatly through updates. Just wish it could all be more adjustable so I can have everything just 1 click away.
8. A HOT KEY feature would be super cool. Having the ability to create a custom HOT KEY for our most used tasks would be amazing. For example "Duplicate" does not have a hot key assigned. I have to hunt for it every time.
9. When using the Scan2Cut feature and loading an image, the program made 4 registration marks which stayed there permanently and never went back to the 3 registration marks that I always use. I spent an hour trying to solve the issue. My dumb self didn't think to restart the program which fixed it.
10. Also the program always gives me issues with an object staying selected. If I choose to edit the size or color it sometimes unselects the object and I'm sitting there thinking I have the object selected. This gets annoying because I use the Keyboard Arrows to move my objects all the time and when they get unselected I sometimes do not realize it. Or maybe I'm just crazy. haha
11. The Library always launches when starting the program. I haven't found a way to disable it from popping up every time.

Thanks again guys keep up the great work. If I am wrong about anything let me know. I would love to help make this product the best it can be through feedback. Also I will keep the suggestions coming.
mrsefs

Re: This is a must have wish list for SCAL 4 Pro users!

Post by mrsefs »

Hi,

I don't know if it's appropriate to respond to this, but . . . item 11, launching the library . . .here's what I did because it drove me nuts:

a) Closed the Library (clicking the red dot in the upper left of the Library screen)
b) Opened the Window menu across the top of the screen and selected Save Workspace
c) Named the Workspace
d) Quit the program
e) Open the program which should reopen with the newly created workspace.

P.S. I actually decided to let my program open with the library, but I resized it and moved it on my screen to a location where it didn't overlap anything I needed on the screen so it is now useful and not a frustration. After I resized it and moved it into the location I wanted I then saved the workspace again and all is well.
RussPitcher

Re: This is a must have wish list for SCAL 4 Pro users!

Post by RussPitcher »

I'd like to reinforce some of the above that I think are important and add some to the list:

2. Ctrl and Mouse Wheel zoom in/out feature. Definitely want this! especially if it zooms centred around the pointer location
8. A HOT KEY feature would be super cool. Having the ability to create a custom HOT KEY for our most used tasks would be amazing. Living in Adobe and Serif Affinity products I really miss the default shortcuts - v for select, a for nodes, z for zoom etc. I'd love to see the common ones added but the ability to assign our own - and export them to a config file - would be superb.
10. Also the program always gives me issues with an object staying selected. If I choose to edit the size or color it sometimes unselects the object and I'm sitting there thinking I have the object selected. This gets annoying because I use the Keyboard Arrows to move my objects all the time and when they get unselected I sometimes do not realize it. Yes please!

and now for a few of mine...

12. REAL metric support. The current support is spotty at best and somethings simply don't work in metric. Nudge/move values change when you enter them and make the arrow keys and icons completely unusable (sub-mm movements no matter what I do). The weeding dialog is theoretically set in millimetres (as per my preference) but it defaults to 0.20 jumps which MUST be in inches, given the results.

13. Support for SHIFT+Click to select ranges and CTRL+Click to (de)select single items. In the layers window I have to SHIFT+Click every item in a long list if I need them all. Pretty please can this work like almost every other program out there?

14. Better SVG support. Almost all of the SVG files I import from Affinity Designer, Photoshop or Illustrator enf up with one or more shapes with no colour on the stroke or the fill. I am able to colour the stroke, but never the fill on these items. It makes it tough to work out what's going on.

15. The ability to open multiple documents to make copying items between projects easier.