scal plugin for knk zing

Tell us the features you want to see in Sure Cuts A Lot
geekinesis

scal plugin for knk zing

Post by geekinesis »

Hi
I was wondering if there are any plans for a plugin for the knk zing?
papasue

Re: scal plugin for knk zing

Post by papasue »

Sorry, but CraftEdge doesn't let us know in advance what they will be doing in the future, new things just seem to show up!. :)
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
dedethom

Post by dedethom »

That would be awesome. I didn't know I was stuck with MTC buying the Zing that I love.
craftedge
Site Admin

Post by craftedge »

SCAL4 will work with the KNK machines
dedethom

Post by dedethom »

I love the fact that I can use my KNK zing to cut with SCAL 4 but the driver is buggy or I simply don't understand it. Where can you adjust the speed and not let the software control it. Even if I uncheck the software cut speed checkmark, it still doesn't cut at the speed I want and I can't select another speed (options are greyed out).
SandyMcC

Post by SandyMcC »

It seems to be working for me. You must have the "Use Software Speed and Pressure" box marked. And then just select the Speed you want at the bottom. You do want that be fairly high. The first time I tested, I had it on like 100 and it was really slow. So, do a test and make it really high. If it's still not working, post back with more details and a screen shot if you still see something grayed out.
Sandy McCauley
Owner of http://www.iloveknk.com/
dedethom

Post by dedethom »

Really wish that the speed of the KNK zing air driver when cutting would be similar to Make the cut that cuts at about twice the speed without lags. I had the help of Sandy to fix my biggest problems (thanks a bunch Sandy, you were right, I didn't set the origin point). But now, they must fix the speed issue.