Favorite Fonts

Tell us the features you want to see in Sure Cuts A Lot
savnrmemries

Favorite Fonts

Post by savnrmemries »

I would like to see a way to select favorite fonts for use with SCA as some fonts aren't suitable for cutting with the Cricut.
Cynthia

Re: Favorite Fonts

Post by Cynthia »

I LOVE this idea! I agree whole heartedly!
CBJPL31

Post by CBJPL31 »

This is a great idea but I wanted to suggest that until/if it's created here I have a suggestion. I used AMP Font Manager and I am able to create different categories and move fonts to them. It's nice to see what you're looking for at a glance. Like I've put all my flowers together, flourishes, animals, etc. You can make as many categories as you want and put the same font into multiple categories. It's very nice.
~Nicole~
karriel

Post by karriel »

I was going to suggest a drop down box where you can browse to the folder where your fonts are. I think this would be much quicker for those of us who use SCAL a lot. Thanks.
sboz

Post by sboz »

The suggestions are great and I am also going to look into the font manager mentioned. What I personally don't want is I don't want SCAL to slow down because it has to 'read' fonts before it opens. We have that problem now with DSS reading all the carts before it will open which makes opening DSS very slow. I have a fairly small number of fonts on my computer but that number is still right around 400........

Shari
Bug Safe: http://www.pbase.com/bugsafe/inbox
My Blog - "The Bug Stop" - where you can find my .cut files:
http://thebugstop.blogspot.com/
savnrmemries

Post by savnrmemries »

I use FontBook for the Mac as my font reader/organizer and it works just as you described (organize my fonts into categories then read through those categories displaying the fonts so I can decide which ones I want to use). But then I have to remember from font book to Scal the name of the font and be able to find it in SCAL. I understand that reading the entire list of fonts would make SCAL slow down, but what I'd like to see is a way to shorten my font list into one or two or three categories, favorite fonts, dingbats, not commonly used! Anyone have a way to do this, I'm willing to try it!

Thanks
Diana
DixieLeigh

Post by DixieLeigh »

I agree about this. How about a list online with "best cut" fonts. Somewhere on this board???
gluestick

Post by gluestick »

I agree with Dixie, that is such a great idea. Know what else, how about someone out there design us some dings we can use on the scal.
Kate
CBJPL31

Post by CBJPL31 »

gluestick wrote:I agree with Dixie, that is such a great idea. Know what else, how about someone out there design us some dings we can use on the scal.
Kate
Check out the Designs forum. There are lots of fantastic creations there!!
~Nicole~