Turn off Rewind setting

Tell us the features you want to see in Sure Cuts A Lot
theloop

Turn off Rewind setting

Post by theloop »

I'd love an option in preferences (mac version) to disable/enable to rewind roll after a cut is finished.

Unless I'm blind and can't see it somewhere.

Thanks!
papasue

Re: Turn off Rewind setting

Post by papasue »

Hi, interesting question! What do you want to rewind, the cutter or the file? Also what version of SCAL and what cutter do you have?
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

signcut has this option, it's a tick box that basically stops the cutter returning to origin so it's easier to cut off the vinyl.

first thing we tell everyone with the Phoenix Silver Bullet is untick the box as it means you cannot cut a 2nd time unless you use the multicut feature

so I'm guessing it would be the cutter, that would get to the end of the file and just stop not return to the beginning and not return the mat back to the start (origin)

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
Software: SCAL 5 Pro, Inkscape, Gimp
Computer:IMac running Mojave
theloop

Post by theloop »

Yup Dragon - I was using signcut for about a year before switching to SCAL and found it useful - I could just cut the vinyl off without pulling it through.

I've got US Cutter SC series. A follow-up idea to this setting. Besides a checkbox on/off - maybe a text field for inches (or a slider) for # of inches to add.

Example: Rewind is turned off - so after the cut is done the finished cut is hanging out the end of the cutter, and the vinyl is advanced X inches (based on the text field). My cutter has a channel to run an exacto knife through without damaging anything. So if the vinyl advanced to the exactly length where that channel was, I could just cut it where it was, instead of manually advancing the vinyl.
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

it's a good option if you cut a lot of vinyl. most paper crafters would have this turned off.

worth dropping craftedge an email with the suggestion and/or add it to the wishlist thread on here.

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
Software: SCAL 5 Pro, Inkscape, Gimp
Computer:IMac running Mojave