file imports & saving

Tell us the features you want to see in Sure Cuts A Lot
dragonlord666

file imports & saving

Post by dragonlord666 »

I would like to be able to import more formats.

.WPC .MTC. .Studio .ai .dxf etc

also to be able to use SVG as a save as option instead of export. so we have .scut & svg as save options.
or maybe have it as a preferences option where we can set the default save format

and lastly (sorry for the three wishlists in one post) a autosave feature where the software automatically saves your work at a user set interval and in a location that can be set by the user (default /documents/scal/autosave or something)

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
Software: SCAL 5 Pro, Inkscape, Gimp
Computer:IMac running Mojave
ScrappyKat

Re: file imports & saving

Post by ScrappyKat »

As of last night you can import wpc files I to mtc software which can export as svgs.

If you have Silhouette 1.9 or 2.0 and upgrade to Silhouette Design Studio you can export them to svg. More info on the how to on silhoutte is on MTC TUTS on yahoo's group.
dragonlord666

Re: file imports & saving

Post by dragonlord666 »

Thanks, but I am not buying MTC just to convert a few files :)

the free MTC "demo" no longer lets you export files except to the gallery and the mac version ONLY works with the zing!!!

MTC also says it will now import scut files - seems only fair that scal users should be able to import MTC then LOL

Silhouette studio only does this on WINDOWS. it has NEVER been able to handle SVG on the mac version.

Scal on the other hand, tends to have the same features no matter which OS you use - good on them!!!!

would be nice to be able to do it all within one program - no doubt Brandon/Craftedge have some wonderful things in store for us scal users :)

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
Software: SCAL 5 Pro, Inkscape, Gimp
Computer:IMac running Mojave