A better way to select fonts

Tell us the features you want to see in Sure Cuts A Lot
BRichardson

A better way to select fonts

Post by BRichardson »

Is there any way SCAL3 could be changed so that when you are selecting a font, you could type the name it and find it? Most other programs are this way.

For example, if you wanted to find the font Scriptina - as you type S C R I P - it would go down the font list to the Scriptina font. As it is now, as you type in each letter it goes to that part of the font list ... S starts the "S" fonts, then the C goes up to the "C" fonts, and so on. So frustrating!

It would make getting to the font so much quicker, especially when you have a large number of fonts. I have over 1,000 and I know some people have more than that.

Thanks for any input.
Windows 7 Silhouette Cameo SCAL3 3.046
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Re: A better way to select fonts

Post by sstehman »

The way I know is to choose "text" and then "font" from the menu bar....just type in the font name and it will move to the font.
Sandy in PA
BRichardson

Post by BRichardson »

That doesn't seem to work for me.

If I type ARIAL - it goes to the first font of each alpha to "A Charming Font" "Raavi" "I781Deco" "A Charming Font" "LaBamba LET"

Since I have so many fonts, it is kind of a pain to scroll down through so many fonts to get to the font, when in the other programs (also in WORD, and photo editing software) I can just start typing in the name of the font to bring it up quickly.

mitsim
Location: SoCal (Windows 7, Eclips1, ECAL 1.500, Photoshop, Illustrator

Post by mitsim »

I agree. I'd like to see it read maybe three letters instead of one.
papasue

Post by papasue »

I'm on a Mac with ecal and if I open the font table and move over to the list and then QUICKLY type the first three letters of the font I want it jumps right to it.

Give it a try and see if it works for you.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
gj1

Post by gj1 »

That does not seem to work in Scal3.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
papasue

Post by papasue »

Hummm. Are you using Text/Font where you get the long list of fonts or the NEW Library/font list? I used the drop down Text/Font.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Well that is interesting...just tried SCAL3 on my PC and, if I use the new LIbrary Panel and the Fonts tab, it works there (but not if I go to Text - Font and type in the font. It only goes to the letter A.

However, on eCAL on eCAL in Mac it works perfectly going to Fonts - text, but not in the library pane.

Weird.

Will send this message on the CE.
Sandy in PA
gj1

Post by gj1 »

I did get it to work now, as you said, Sandy...I was not sure where to do the typing...but now found I click on the 'name' at the top.
My pictures and files are available for a limited time only.
BRichardson

Post by BRichardson »

ah-ha! It does work with the Library window. That is not one I regularly keep open though. Would prefer the option from the toolbar. Maybe it's in the works!