EDIT SELECT ALL .... DESELECT ALL .... but no SELECT INVERT?

Tell us the features you want to see in Sure Cuts A Lot
BobSa

EDIT SELECT ALL .... DESELECT ALL .... but no SELECT INVERT?

Post by BobSa »

I would like to hide and not cut various paths to avoid material movement. Example ... cut the outer ring AFTER the inner ring is cut by hiding the outer ring and cutting the inner ring. Un-hide the outer ring and hide the inner ring and make the cut.
I use "invert selection" in my other CAD programs and find it very useful. Wish it was available here.
Moving up from first release to current.
Thanks
papasue

Re: EDIT SELECT ALL .... DESELECT ALL .... but no SELECT INV

Post by papasue »

bob in your layers menu is an " eye" next to each element. clicking on the eye will hid the element.

I hope this is the answer to your question.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
BobSa

Post by BobSa »

Thank you for the prompt reply. Yes that will achieve what I wish. I had to search at bit to find the layer display box. ;-)
Now for one more. last one I promise .... Are the layers cut in the order from top to bottom as in the layer listing -- assuming they are not hidden? Or are they cut in an order determined by their position on the mat as was the earlier version? (I have to buy a replacement for my old critcut ... thus asking instead of just testing to discover.) Thank you for your patients.
Last edited by BobSa on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob
My current fun/challenge is glue-less 3D interlocking "structures". BTW --- I am CLUELESS
papasue

Post by papasue »

Bob, since you say you have to buy a replacement for your old Cricut can I assume that you are using SCAL2? I don't have that anymore and I don't pay much attention to what cuts first. I lay out different color paper on the mat according to the screen layout and it cuts.

I'd have to try it on my Sizzix eclipse and eCAL and when in doubt about where it is going to cut to ensure the red in on the red paper etc I use the "laser" preview to ensure the right pieces cut on the right color.

Perhaps someone else who uses SCAL2 knows off-hand and will come along and give you a difinitive answer.
Susan E
http://creationsbypapasue.blogspot.com
LEARN, GROW, CREATE, SHARE

Mac 10.12.6 Sierra, eCAL 1.506, ECAL2.023, SCAL4Pro, Export Plug-in, Inkscape 48, iPad/scal3
eClips2.
dragonlord666

Post by dragonlord666 »

I don't take much notice of the order as I either just use the eye or use the cut by colour (I have pro and a bullet LOL)
I use just the eye method for the cameo.

but I believe scal3 cuts from the bottom of the layers to the top
when you add items to the mat they come in as a new layer on top of what is there. and I believe it cuts the first item placed first.

but as I said, I don't take much notice and I tend to use the eyes or cut by colour anyways

Gaz
Cutters: Phoenix Silver Bullet 18", Black Cat Cougar 18", Silhouette Cameo & Cameo 4
Software: SCAL 5 Pro, Inkscape, Gimp
Computer:IMac running Mojave
BobSa

Post by BobSa »

I am selling my cricut expression v1 that I have because of a computer crash and poor backup of scal upon my part. I don't feel comfortable replacing the software with a pirated torrent download that is probably filled with spyware and viruses.
Thus I have upgraded the software today to version 3 and have offered my expression for $75 to local friends. Only used it connected to the computer and scal.
The reason for the last question is because I tired of buying cricut mats. For the last couple of years I have used the same critcut mat with zero stickiness --- By using blue painter's tape to hold the material to the mat and then cutting from the inner cuts to the outer cuts ... thus not needing a sticky mat.
I do like the features I am finding on version 3.xxxx The ability to change cut direction, plus being able to make multi cuts on some vectors and not on others just by duplicating the layer will be very handy.
I think the cricut is sold!
Bob
My current fun/challenge is glue-less 3D interlocking "structures". BTW --- I am CLUELESS
sstehman
Location: Sandy in PA (PC&MAC,Inkscape .48, SCAL2,eClips, eCAL)

Post by sstehman »

Well keep in touch when you buy your new machine and let us know what you are using. Questions are always welcome here as you are learning the software and your machine.
Sandy in PA